grill magnets

suri

for an upcoming project i have been persuaded (self) to use grill magnets to hold the grill in place when speakers are not used -

accordingly, i have seen these -

Grill Magnet from Madisound

question - these powerful neodymium magnets and their magnetic fields - will they cause any disturbance in the motors of the drivers whose cones they seek to protect? ( fixed magnet-moving voice coil)

for an upcoming project i have been persuaded (self) to use grill magnets to hold the grill in place when speakers are not used -

question - these powerful neodymium magnets and their magnetic fields - will they cause any disturbance in the motors of the drivers whose cones they seek to protect? ( fixed magnet-moving voice coil)

The magnets on my speakers are weak, hence next week I'm gonna stick two velcro tapes on the top and bottom surface of the cabinets and stitch two velcro straps to the top and bottom on the grill frame. This way I think weak magnets can safely be used.

The magnets on my speakers are weak, hence next week I'm gonna stick two velcro tapes on the top and bottom surface of the cabinets and stitch two velcro straps to the top and bottom on the grill frame. This way I think weak magnets can safely be used.

you are my sparring partner! -

will velcro look good on the front baffle of a loudspeaker? - you know, strips of black with unmentionable simulation curly hair on their surfaces?

regds,

{now waiting for the riposte!}:)

you are my sparring partner! -

will velcro look good on the front baffle of a loudspeaker? - you know, strips of black with unmentionable simulation curly hair on their surfaces?

regds,

{now waiting for the riposte!}:)

Well trimmed curlies are usually well accepted by their gazing admirers. :D

While our anatomy requires the curlies to be displayed full frontal, the speaker is blessed with curves and a body that does not require such unabashed exhibitionism :)

I'm talking about straps loop stitched to the top and bottom corners of the speaker grill frame and fastened horizontally to matching ones stuck to the cabinet surfaces facing the ceiling and floor. (Hint: Think missionary position) :D

Edit: If you insist I shall provide a not-so-obscene diagram :)

Cheers

Last edited:

In short NO there will be no impact on the sound.

I suggest use good fridge magnets 4 at a time per side.
inside a replaceable metal cavity.. and add a good looking metal piece on front..

cheap and easy!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back