Group Buy: Mauro Penasa MyRef Rev C kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can i get a transformer from ? I have a norge 2030 and i am thinking i can throw out the existing circuit and use the switches,case and heatsink. But where do i get the transformer in Mumbai ?

Where can i get a transformer from ? I have a norge 2030 and i am thinking i can throw out the existing circuit and use the switches,case and heatsink. But where do i get the transformer in Mumbai ?

Sachin, y kill the poor norge???? Build a seperate amp with this kit or join kittu & myself for a CBU.;)

As suggested by Capt Rajesh, if all components are bought together, it will make the final price much more reasonable than individual purchases, hence request fellow members knowing of sources of these components to get a bulk purchase, resulting in a win win situation for all interested.

Accordingly all components can be delivered to the designated person(s)assembling the kit in each state/city & the interested buyers take it from there, what say guys??? It goes without saying that the persons interested pay upfront say 50% of the cost to the person assembling & paying the rest on delivery. This can be workable, right?

Sachin, y kill the poor norge???? Build a seperate amp with this kit or join kittu & myself for a CBU.;)
Let's first get things straight. What according to you guys is a CBU? Fully populated boards OR completely built amplifier enclosed in a case and ready to go?

It goes without saying that the persons interested pay upfront say 50% of the cost to the person assembling & paying the rest on delivery. This can be workable, right?
50% of what cost? Let's leave it to the assemblers [if any] to spell out their terms first and let's suggest alternatives later. I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. Let's get the assemblers on board [no pun intended] first.

Let's first get things straight. What according to you guys is a CBU? Fully populated boards OR completely built amplifier enclosed in a case and ready to go?

50% of what cost? Let's leave it to the assemblers [if any] to spell out their terms first and let's suggest alternatives later. I think we are getting ahead of ourselves. Let's get the assemblers on board [no pun intended] first.

Keith,

Take it easy will ya??? It was just a suggestion, not set in stone...
Yeah lets leave it to the assemblers if we find any, you sure ain't one right?

CBU means completely built unit, hope thats cleared!

As some of you may be aware that Linuxguru is not well. Let him recover completely. I would suggest let him call the shots what would be appropriate and comfortable to him.

Interest update
Kit

Keith ~ 2 Stereo Kit
me ~ 1 Stereo Kit
gopib ~ 1 Stereo Kit
anilva ~ 1 Stereo Kit
gautamz ~ 1 Stereo Kit
Gobble ~ 1 Stereo Kit
Captrajesh ~ 1 Stereo Kit
GeorgeO ~ 2 Stereo Kit
hemant_hg ~ 1 Stereo Kit

Complete Unit
Denom
Kittu1977
Sachin_k5

Keith,

Take it easy will ya??? It was just a suggestion, not set in stone...
Yeah lets leave it to the assemblers if we find any, you sure ain't one right?

CBU means completely built unit, hope thats cleared!

Hey! I'm easy. Always. :) Just brutally blunt sometimes. :lol:
What makes you so sure that I'm not a potential volunteer to be an assembler?

I was asking about the meaning of CBU because there are too many variables in a CBA [completely built amp] - cabinet, EI or toroid transformers, 1 or 2 transformers, connectors, cables, switches, volume control etc. Hope all realize that.

I have a suggestion - can we have a new thread specifically for assembling these boards and putting together amps based on these boards? That way it will not dilute this GB. Let's leave this thread specifically for expressing interest in either boards or CBA's.

Hi everyone

I can see that the OP has received an infraction for violating the forum rules. I went throught the rules and guess the OP would've violated the following clauses: -

You cannot SPAM or Solicit your products and/or services to any other member directly or indirectly in any way whatsoever. If you Solicit or SPAM our members in any manner, your account will be disabled. Do not contact anyone to suggest your product and/or service who is not explicitly expecting you to contact them in any way whatsoever.

Only a dealer, distributor, manufacturer or service provider who is a sponsor member can directly discuss and promote their products and/or services with other members.

You may not post commission, referral or affiliate links anywhere on the forum.

Cross-Posting is not allowed here. Cross-posting refers to posting new duplicate threads or posts, or the linking to threads or posts already started by the member with the intention of gaining exposure.

Sad but the fact is he has apparently violated the above clauses.

It is good for each of us to stick to the forum rules. I wish he had taken the permission of mods before posting the thread.

Now that the damage is done, we need to move on.

Rgds

Rajesh

For transformers I would suggest sourcing from Miracle Transformers.

They make excellent toroidal transformers and can make it to whatever specification needed. My last transaction with them went smoothly and great.

They are based in India, near Bangalore if memory serves me right and buying in bulk should get good discounts.

For transformers I would suggest sourcing from Miracle Transformers.

They make excellent toroidal transformers and can make it to whatever specification needed. My last transaction with them went smoothly and great.

They are based in India, near Bangalore if memory serves me right and buying in bulk should get good discounts.

Yes but they are significantly more expensive. I bought a 400VA Trafo which costs Rs. 3850/- there all inclusive. There is one in chennai who had offered it for Rs. 2100/- for single piece. 10+ gets a discount of 10%. It can be further negotiated.

Just kidding..Seriously, I think we should check a couple of vendors out and see if they are interested in a bulk deal.If not, to each his own.

As suggested by Capt Rajesh, if all components are bought together, it will make the final price much more reasonable than individual purchases, hence request fellow members knowing of sources of these components to get a bulk purchase, resulting in a win win situation for all interested.

Accordingly all components can be delivered to the designated person(s)assembling the kit in each state/city & the interested buyers take it from there, what say guys??? It goes without saying that the persons interested pay upfront say 50% of the cost to the person assembling & paying the rest on delivery. This can be workable, right?

Denom,
I bought Norge 2030 since i was testing the hifi waters after my Sony Combo died. I am saving for a better amp/source.
I will wait for Siva to come back with what will be the price of CBU before i can decide, else i am not sure where i will hunt for various components in Mumbai. Lamington road ?

Yes but they are significantly more expensive. I bought a 400VA Trafo which costs Rs. 3850/- there all inclusive. There is one in chennai who had offered it for Rs. 2100/- for single piece. 10+ gets a discount of 10%. It can be further negotiated.

I can see the costs may not be very less. How good is this amp lets say compared to a Marantz PM5001 or CA 650 or Norge 2060 ?

Last edited:
It is very sad if Linuxguru has received an infraction. If this is
the DIY section of the forum and a member is offering to help
in getting together all the parts for the benefit of many members,
it should be encouraged. I am sure if someone is capable of improving
on such an excellent design, he is capable of more lucrative
pursuits than all the effort required for a group buy.

You cannot SPAM or Solicit your products and/or services to any other member directly or indirectly in any way whatsoever. If you Solicit or SPAM our members in any manner, your account will be disabled. Do not contact anyone to suggest your product and/or service who is not explicitly expecting you to contact them in any way whatsoever.

Only a dealer, distributor, manufacturer or service provider who is a sponsor member can directly discuss and promote their products and/or services with other members.

You may not post commission, referral or affiliate links anywhere on the forum.

Cross-Posting is not allowed here. Cross-posting refers to posting new duplicate threads or posts, or the linking to threads or posts already started by the member with the intention of gaining exposure.

oh man !!! The rules are correct but small DIY projects like these will get crushed.

If true I think it's silly.
+1 or +100 on this. Silly is right! Interpretation of the rules is everything and can be argued both ways till kingdom come. Oh well, whatever is done is done. IMO, let's try to change things. Mods please intervene. BTW, I have full confidence in them. They will know how to sift the chalk from cheese - or have I got it all wrong? Don't blame me - I had a wonderful night - 10 beers :yahoo: Maybe. Or more? :lol:

None of the moderators appear to have read the thread since infraction. I am sending a PM to Ram & Venkat. I do not know the supermod personally so not sending him a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back