Guidance for my first stereo setup

Harshal

Hi,

This is my first post and I am a newbie in audio world. I am thinking of buying the Cambridge Audio Minx Xi with Dali Zensor 3 bookshelf speakers. My budget is Rs75k. I had also considered Nad d 3020 but decided on CA minx xi as its cheaper. A friend also suggested Q acoustic 3020 speakers but I think they are not available in Mumbai. I will be using the system mostly for music but I am also hoping to connect my Airtel DTH to the Minx.
Please provide your comments and help me finalize the setup. Thanks in advance.

Please audition similar systems from Marantz, Denon, Onkyo along with CA and then arrive at a decision. All of these companies have decent offering in an all-in-one box.

Personally, I would go the IA + BS speakers route with your budget. But there are some compromises in this route feature wise.

Cheers,
Raghu

The Cambridge and the Dali are two very good Hi Fi components. There is little need to look at anything else considering you are looking at a steaming system.

Please hear the combination before putting down your money. 88db sensitivity for the Dali's will demand quality power to wake them up.

It's a very decent budget for stereo setup. What are you planning to use as a source/transport for music (via CA minx xi)?

Last edited:
75K is a very good budget...You can consider Sonodyne DAC P1(DAC + Pre-amp) + Sonodyne SRP 202 (Active speakers) studio range of speakers...

This should be far better than any stereo amp + BS/FS + DAC setup...

Take a demo if aval in your city and check if you like them...

Thank you all for your replies. I will be streaming music mostly from my phone and laptop. I dont own a cd player yet. I want Airtel DTH to be connected to the Minx. @sandeepmohan I hope the Xi has enough juice to power the dalis?
@elangoas will a DAC+speakers be sufficient for connecting phone, laptop, DTH etc?
I am not an audiophile so i may not be able to make out much difference in audio quality. So i think i will be happy to play around with different features of CA minx with decent sound quality.

Hi,

This is my first post and I am a newbie in audio world. I am thinking of buying the Cambridge Audio Minx Xi with Dali Zensor 3 bookshelf speakers. My budget is Rs75k. I had also considered Nad d 3020 but decided on CA minx xi as its cheaper. A friend also suggested Q acoustic 3020 speakers but I think they are not available in Mumbai. I will be using the system mostly for music but I am also hoping to connect my Airtel DTH to the Minx.
Please provide your comments and help me finalize the setup. Thanks in advance.

My suggestions :

2 Studio Monitor/ Active Speakers (Mackie, Pre Sonus, KRK, Sonodyne, Yamaha)
+
1 Matching Sub from same company
+
1 decent DAC

I'm not sure if you'd bought the system already, I use a Dali Zensor 1 with the NAD D 3020. This is my first stereo set up and it is good. Probably this should be within your budget?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back