guide me?

manu4panjab

brothers

for example i have 5.1 speakers with a 7.1 av receiver does it sound any bad or different and also can i use new audio formats like dts hd and dolby true hd if i have only 5.1 speakers

want to expand my knowledge in this topic :)

brothers

for example i have 5.1 speakers with a 7.1 av receiver does it sound any bad or different and also can i use new audio formats like dts hd and dolby true hd if i have only 5.1 speakers

want to expand my knowledge in this topic :)

5.1 set up on 7.1 AVR will sound perfect without having shortage in power.You have even opt to Biamp.
most of the HDformats comes with 5.1 opt.DVDs which are recorded with 6.1/7.1 opt will be available with HD7.1opt.

upcoming mov. may get produced in 7.1 format regularly....

5.1 set up on 7.1 AVR will sound perfect without having shortage in power.You have even opt to Biamp.
most of the HDformats comes with 5.1 opt.DVDs which are recorded with 6.1/7.1 opt will be available with HD7.1opt.

upcoming mov. may get produced in 7.1 format regularly....

what is biamp

and you mean to say i can get dts hd or dolby truehd audio formats on 5.1 system with 7.1 av receiver is that what you trying to say

hello frnds am new here and need advice. well am planning to get a new home theater setup under 200k. system i am looking at now is onkyo 706 with klipsch f3 or rf62. need to know marantz 6003 vs onkyo 706. should i consider other brands also please advice
I ll be using setup for watching tv and movies - 80% 20% for music my room sie is 14 x 28 and i am putting up in delhi. also advice from where should i buy and who offers best price as lot of bargaining is there.............

I am not getting spirovious' answer

IMHO check manual of receiver before buying...
Now the last 3 receivers I owed considered various possivbalities

1) All 5.1 speakers connected
2) Subwoofer is NOT connected so bass is routes accordingly
3) No center speakers connected - center channel routed through L & R
4) NO Rear speaers connected
5)Spakers of different capacities ( Big or Small )connected.
6) Different cobinations of above possibalities....

Now you can see this is comman to almost all 5.1 receivers ,nothing new

SO THERE MUST BE PROVISION TO CONNECT 5.1 SPEAKERS TO 7.1 AMPLIFIERS ....IT WILL BE AS SIMPLE AS GOING TO SETTING AND SELECTING AS REAR LEFT & RIGHT SURROUNDS AS NO OR NOT AVAILABLE.

Of course you'll miss the effects sencoded as this sound is routed through rear left & rear right channels

EXPERTS & USERS PLEASE CONFIRM THIS...

Anyhow I am yet to see any 7.1 DVD in Indian market ( most of commercialy available DVD's Hindi & English does not even coded in DTS 5.1)Heard some english DVD's were 6.1 ..never saw one!

If you will be specific with equipment we can comment better...

I think PS3 does not have 7.1 analouge out right??

ANYWAY SHERWOOD ADVERTIES 7.1 PRE POWER COMBO -----INTERESTED? PLANNING TO START SEPRATE THREAD FOR IT??

Last edited:
what is biamp

and you mean to say i can get dts hd or dolby truehd audio formats on 5.1 system with 7.1 av receiver is that what you trying to say

Read the Bluray disc,check sound options,most of so far mov are recorded in 5.1 format ,so with HDMI HD aud processing AVR ,you can get full HD surr.

If Bluray has 7.1 opt,rers are added to surr side speakers...

hello frnds am new here and need advice. well am planning to get a new home theater setup under 200k. system i am looking at now is onkyo 706 with klipsch f3 or rf62. need to know marantz 6003 vs onkyo 706. should i consider other brands also please advice
I ll be using setup for watching tv and movies - 80% 20% for music my room sie is 14 x 28 and i am putting up in delhi. also advice from where should i buy and who offers best price as lot of bargaining is there.............

Welcome to the forum Akshay, You would certainly get a great and practical advise to help you setup your system (It certainly helped me :) to spend my money on the right stuff)

can you please search the forum for the answers and then start a new thread. Let us not Hijack Manu's thread.

Welcome to the forum Akshay, You would certainly get a great and practical advise to help you setup your system (It certainly helped me :) to spend my money on the right stuff)

can you please search the forum for the answers and then start a new thread. Let us not Hijack Manu's thread.

it's ok man don't worry about hijacking i guees its interesting :cool:

brother brothers

don't mind but i still don't get any clear ans

did i get all hd formats by 5.1 or not

and also what is biamping

You will get all HD formats if the AVR can decode all HD formats. HD Audio is 7.1 and not 5.1. You can use an HD enabled AVR and only use a 5.1 speaker setup but some of the fun will be missing. If you can then get a 7.1 speaker system. HD Audio is in a different league compared to DTS and DD of 5.1. Unfortunately very little of HD Audio content is available as such. But still go for an AVR which will decode HD Audio and a 7.1 speaker package.

hi manu, i think the bi-amping question is not answered yet. Let me try... Using two amplifiers in parallel to power the low frequency and high frequency terminals of your bi-wireable speakers seperately. Example : an integrated stereo amplifier will have he speaker terminals - use this to power only your LF terminals of the speaker. Use the pre-out of the amplifier, feed it into another compatible amplifier and use that amplifier to power the HF terminals of the speaker. This way sufficient power is driven seperately to both the terminals and i understand the speaker will perform much much better. This with my limited knowledge - i have just biwired my speakers, not bi-amped. Hope others will add in if need be. thanks.

rgds swami

hi manu, i think the bi-amping question is not answered yet. Let me try... Using two amplifiers in parallel to power the low frequency and high frequency terminals of your bi-wireable speakers seperately. Example : an integrated stereo amplifier will have he speaker terminals - use this to power only your LF terminals of the speaker. Use the pre-out of the amplifier, feed it into another compatible amplifier and use that amplifier to power the HF terminals of the speaker. This way sufficient power is driven seperately to both the terminals and i understand the speaker will perform much much better. This with my limited knowledge - i have just biwired my speakers, not bi-amped. Hope others will add in if need be. thanks.

rgds swami

thanks yaar

mmmm now what is biwire :rolleyes:

biwire - running two sets of cables from one amp terminal to LF and HF terminals of each speaker. example : Amp Left speaker terminal (-ve) - 2 cables connected together in the amp end, but to LF -ve and HF -ve of your LEFT speaker. Similarly from amp left speaker terminal (+ve) - 2 cable connected together in the amp end, but to LF +ve and HF +VE OF your LEFT speaker. (similar for the RIGHT SPEAKER). Hope i have not confused you.
rgds swami

biwire - running two sets of cables from one amp terminal to LF and HF terminals of each speaker. example : Amp Left speaker terminal (-ve) - 2 cables connected together in the amp end, but to LF -ve and HF -ve of your LEFT speaker. Similarly from amp left speaker terminal (+ve) - 2 cable connected together in the amp end, but to LF +ve and HF +VE OF your LEFT speaker. (similar for the RIGHT SPEAKER). Hope i have not confused you.
rgds swami

don't mind yaar still confuse can you show me some diagram or something

and is it benefit to biwire

You will get all HD formats if the AVR can decode all HD formats. HD Audio is 7.1 and not 5.1. You can use an HD enabled AVR and only use a 5.1 speaker setup but some of the fun will be missing. If you can then get a 7.1 speaker system. HD Audio is in a different league compared to DTS and DD of 5.1. Unfortunately very little of HD Audio content is available as such. But still go for an AVR which will decode HD Audio and a 7.1 speaker package.

I haven't read/heard about any decent HD/SD content which utilized 7.1 tracks to the desired effect, even 6.1 also. An option might be to get a 7.1 HD audio capable AVR, but go for 5.1 speaker setup. You could upgrade to 7.1 when you feel the need to do the same.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back