Hai my new Q Acoustics M20 HD buyed from VPlak.com stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I got My QA M20HD repaired under warranty. At first i tried taking it up thru Amazon Customer care , but they were hopelessly pathetic in their response. They don't even shared me the seller contact number which is "Appario Retail Private Limited". It was unbelievable to know that they don't have the contact number of their major seller. Raised a ticket , escalated the matter, but no use not even an acknowledgement email.

One time they even told me that this product doesn't come with the warranty. I shared the screen shot of the product where it shows the 1 year warranty, the Amazon invoice and warranty slip after which they raised an internal ticket. But some how I knew that I am barking at the wrong door and thought it's better to take it up directly with the Distributor. I always felt that Amazon was better than Flipkart but this incident was a revelation for me.

Anyways I checked with MZ Audio who is the official distributor and they guided me to the service center in kochi, i choose the one that was near to my home "Abishek Electronics". They checked and confirmed the warranty with MZ Audio and informed me that the issue is with the board. They sent the board to MZ Audio and got it repaired under warranty.

The one suggestion they gave me is that not keep the device powered on all the time just like a TV( I had actually plugged it thru my UPS which is having a surge protector). The ICs and other components inside the device are highly sensitive to the voltage and can cause issues if we kept it plugged all the time even if it is in standby. All in all a good experience with the Distributor and the service center , the device is working as good as new after the repair.but I am vary of buying expensive items or niche items from Amazon though.

Regards,

Vivek

Q acoustics m 20 hd purchased 3 months before from vplak.com stopped wokring.. now the seller is not taking any action.. and q acoustics service centre also not helping to resolve it.. what shall i do
Why are you intended in creating so much hype against a brand. Come to point & tell what is not working in detail. These are easy to repair we do not need to take so much tension like this. If possible make a video, upload on YouTube & share link here to get into detail the probable cause of your non-working issue. Also check weather all drivers have a continuity via a 20₹ continuity-tester.

Hi Guys,

I got My QA M20HD repaired under warranty. At first i tried taking it up thru Amazon Customer care , but they were hopelessly pathetic in their response. They don't even shared me the seller contact number which is "Appario Retail Private Limited". It was unbelievable to know that they don't have the contact number of their major seller. Raised a ticket , escalated the matter, but no use not even an acknowledgement email.

One time they even told me that this product doesn't come with the warranty. I shared the screen shot of the product where it shows the 1 year warranty, the Amazon invoice and warranty slip after which they raised an internal ticket. But some how I knew that I am barking at the wrong door and thought it's better to take it up directly with the Distributor. I always felt that Amazon was better than Flipkart but this incident was a revelation for me.
You ought to have raised a consumer complaint. Once they advertise that the product comes with 1 year warranty and you've bought the product based on, amongst others, that representation, they're bound to honour it. You can sue for not only the cost of the product but also deficiency in service and costs of litigation.
The one suggestion they gave me is that not keep the device powered on all the time just like a TV( I had actually plugged it thru my UPS which is having a surge protector). The ICs and other components inside the device are highly sensitive to the voltage and can cause issues if we kept it plugged all the time even if it is in standby.
Yikes, i keep my M20 HD plugged in at all times! But beats the inconvenience of switching it on manually every single time.

Leaving on is fine in most cases. The damage happens during backup generator coming on and backup to main switchover.

MaSh

I had a very exhausting experience with QAcoustics repair. I got an M4 soundbar from Appario and it stopped working after one day after their return window. The next two months I was (ignorantly) fighting with Amazon to get it returned. Then after MZ audio’s Hyderabad service Center figured out the problem they told me they will replace the board that had a problem. I waited 3 months more for that board to arrive and when the hyd service centre finally fixed it, they called me saying the soundbar is working fine and I could collect it. To my dismay, when I went there, (even though the functionality was ok) the housing of the soundbar had quite a big crack which wasn’t there when I gave them to service (I had pictures of the soundbar to prove it).
Instead of owning the mistake, the hyd service centre people tried convincing me that this was a small crack and it didn’t affect the sound. They also tried arguing the legitimacy of a clear evidence of the perfectly fine product given to them. I was quite upset and spoke to MZ directly about this. They said they would have happily replaced the soundbar but it was discontinued by this point.
After a couple of more weeks of waiting, I got an uncomfortable call from the hyd service centre saying that he faced this issue for the first time in many years and his reputation would be tarnished. And asked me to accept the damaged product. I strictly denied it. They finally told me they would allow me to take any other product from their catalog. And then I picked the (then newly launched) m20. I was happy, after an excruciating ordeal for many months.
MZ’s service is ok for newer products I guess, but QAcoustics has a bad support for relatively old and niche products.
This was rough and I wouldn’t want anyone to go through this.

I had a very exhausting experience with QAcoustics repair. I got an M4 soundbar from Appario and it stopped working after one day after their return window. The next two months I was (ignorantly) fighting with Amazon to get it returned. Then after MZ audio’s Hyderabad service Center figured out the problem they told me they will replace the board that had a problem. I waited 3 months more for that board to arrive and when the hyd service centre finally fixed it, they called me saying the soundbar is working fine and I could collect it. To my dismay, when I went there, (even though the functionality was ok) the housing of the soundbar had quite a big crack which wasn’t there when I gave them to service (I had pictures of the soundbar to prove it).
Instead of owning the mistake, the hyd service centre people tried convincing me that this was a small crack and it didn’t affect the sound. They also tried arguing the legitimacy of a clear evidence of the perfectly fine product given to them. I was quite upset and spoke to MZ directly about this. They said they would have happily replaced the soundbar but it was discontinued by this point.
After a couple of more weeks of waiting, I got an uncomfortable call from the hyd service centre saying that he faced this issue for the first time in many years and his reputation would be tarnished. And asked me to accept the damaged product. I strictly denied it. They finally told me they would allow me to take any other product from their catalog. And then I picked the (then newly launched) m20. I was happy, after an excruciating ordeal for many months.
MZ’s service is ok for newer products I guess, but QAcoustics has a bad support for relatively old and niche products.
This was rough and I wouldn’t want anyone to go through this.
Where is the MZ service centre in hyderabad?

The ICs and other components inside the device are highly sensitive to the voltage and can cause issues if we kept it plugged all the time even if it is in standby
Interesting, I also had to get my M20 board replaced and I used to (still do) keep it plugged/powered on all the time.

Incidentally my QA M20 HD had also stopped working after 4 months, bought it from Amazon (Appario Retail ), don't know whether they will honour the warranty. Seems buying expensive audio from niche brands in India is a real headache. Am from Kochi, whether any service center is available kochi is also concern.
Oops… I was also planning to get one. But reading all of this.. bit confused 😕. Number of those getting faulty are increasing…. Any suggestions friends??

Interesting, I also had to get my M20 board replaced and I used to (still do) keep it plugged/powered on all the time.
I am also being told that the board might need to be replaced. How much were you charged for it.

Q acoustics m 20 hd purchased 3 months before from vplak.com stopped wokring.. now the seller is not taking any action.. and q acoustics service centre also not helping to resolve it.. what shall ou buy from vplak won't hold any warranty

Q acoustics m 20 hd purchased 3 months before from vplak.com stopped wokring.. now the seller is not taking any action.. and q acoustics service centre also not helping to resolve it.. what shall i do
I don't think vplak is authorised to sell any gear..!! They're just a business entity importing stuff without any accountability..!! They may provide you a cheaper price n promise of after sales service, but in reality they don't bother to resolve any issues.

AVShack is not at all reliable. Entices people by advertising cheaper prices, but very unethical person. Totally keep away.
I think it's Pratham you're talkin bout at avshack. Haven't dealt with him, but didn't seem unethical either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back