Hand carrying Soundbar system to India from Kuwait

PranilS

Hello Guys,

I am planning to carry a LG soundbar system with two rear speakers and one subwoofer with wireless router.
Do I have to pay custom duty for this system? If yes then how much will it be?

In my experience if you bring back stuff in its original box then they will pick it up and charge you duty.

My last two trips to the UK I put everything in plain looking large heavy duty plastic containers and they went through customs without any problems.

Hello Guys,

I am planning to carry a LG soundbar system with two rear speakers and one subwoofer with wireless router.
If it's below 50k inr in value then no problem. But you should have bill to prove purchase value.

In my experience if you bring back stuff in its original box then they will pick it up and charge you duty.

My last two trips to the UK I put everything in plain looking large heavy duty plastic containers and they went through customs without any problems.

Thanks for the idea I'll try packing it in some other box then, since plastic container of the soundbar size would be difficult to find here.

Hello Guys,

Few years back, i got an Onkyo AVR 818 from Kuwait thru my friend.. AVR in Kuwait was 45K, and the permitted limit was abt 30 ~ 35K, 5 yrs back.. He didn't pay any customs.. But that was due to the fact he was returning to india after 6 months time..

50K is the limit if you are returning to India after 3 days time.. The limit increases if you are returning to india after 3 - 4 months time..

I think you should be fine to walk away without duty.. Keep your bill handy incase you are stopped and reason out the eligibility criteria..

Last edited:
I don’t remember the current limit but it probably was around Rs. 45000/-
This doesn’t change if someone is visiting for a day or few months.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back