Harman Kardon AVR service

AV Enthusiast

Hi..! Can anyone suggest a service centre to repair my 5.1 Harman Kardon AVR 134. One of the surround channels work intermittently..!

Going by your name, assuming your AVR is out of warranty, check for loose contacts in the speaker connection.
If not, could be a cold solder joint which means refluxing the solder joints of this particular channel since you say it works intermittently.
Might do the trick.
Hope this helps.

You are correct that it's out of warranty. I too think that its probably a cold solder joint....Unfortunately I haven't found a repair technician who is upto doing it here at Guwahati, Assam .Thank you for your suggestion.

You can probability do it yourself if you are handy with a soldering iron.
If a bad joint is visible then a soldering iron will do else the board will require a Reflow .
Once upon a time, I managed to bring back to life a bad nvme SSD by reflowing it with a heat gun
Today, I too would look for a qualified technician to do a reflow

Good Afternoon everyone. Finally got my HK 134 AVR repaired by the Yamaha Service Dealer at Guwahati, Assam. Working like NEW. What a gentleman the owner Mr Jitu Neog of SOUND SOURCE is. He not only repaired the minor fault in the analogue stage for surround channels but also cleaned and serviced the whole AVR. Very Happy..!

Attachments

• IMG_20190803_150802.JPG
    IMG_20190803_150802.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 11
Thumbs down to HARMAN KARDON / JBL India, telling me that I need to change the whole circuit even after sending their service rep to my house. They couldn't even detect the fault and wanted me to spend 9k on the repairs...

Adding on to this, are there any reliable service center's in Chennai? I have a 7yr old receiver which isn't turning on(basically goes back to standby if turned on)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back