Harmony 525 repair in Delhi

kapilg

Hi friends,

My logitech harmony remote 525 has recently died. Some water has fallen on it and the local repair guy says its unrepairable.

Can someone guide about a reliable source in Delhi who specializes in such things, where I can try my luck and save money of new remote !!!

Thanks
Kapil

I just repaired the Harmony 885 and its working perfectly now.

It had two issues.

1) The mini USB socket which is used to sync with the comp was bad. One of the contacts on the board was brocken off. I replaced it and with a new one (Rs. 10) and it got soved. Since the soldering contact on the motherboard was brocken, i had to connect a separate wire to another component to complete the circuite.

2) Most of the buttons of the 885 was not working. I opened the remote(With a screw driver and use a credit card to pry the side of the romote. Watch you tube video if you are not familier how to pry using credit cards. You can even get some logitech remote repair videos if you search.) To fix the buttons, you need to peal the plastic sticker which is used to cover the buttons and clean the contacts. In 885 one part of the button is on the mother board and other part is on the plastick sticker. Not sure how it is in 525.

So i have fixed all my buttons and the usb issue as described above.

You need to do is remove the battery, remove the main cover screws. Pry with a credit card to open the remote. Then cleanup the water and LCD if it is wet. Try to dry it littlbe bit by keeping it over your audio amp or some other electronic equipment which generate heat. I uses my Wireless router for the drying job. Its allways hot and my kitten loves sleeping over it.

Hope this helps.
Sudhish.

Thanks Sudish,

I tried showing this to a local repair shop however that person said its unrepairable. I wanted to know if there is some expert shop for such things where I can show it before opening it on my own.

Kapil

Hi Kapil,
You can choose from these 2 options. Choice is yours ;)

Contact distributor
F X Entertainment in C R Park
+(91)-(11)-40507113, 40507114

Contact Authorized Importer & Service Provider
+(91)-9810809627
+(91)-(11)-46609900
314,Mansarovar Bldg,90, Nehru Place, Delhi - 110019
www.rptechindia.com

Wish your remote work :thumbsup:

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back