harmony one remote - broken LCD

reachbennym

My out of warranty harmony one remote fell down resulting in a cracked LCD. Though the remote is still working, it is useless since it is touch screen and the display is not working.

Logitech in India does not repair remotes :mad: - only replaces them in their warranty period.

Is there anyone with harmony one which is not working but with a good LCD?

- Benny

If possible send it to US with someone to get it repaired. But the cost of repair (in USA) will probably just a fraction below the cost of a new device.

@reachbennym

Try below numbers if you haven't tried already, these are only for Remote Support

Harmony Universal Remote Support (Remotes Only)
Tel: 000 800 600 1133 (English)
Mon - Fri, 9am - 9pm
Sat - Sun, 9am - 6pm
(India (IST))

India 000 800 600 1133
Monday to Friday 6:30am - 7:30pm IST
Saturday 6:30am - 4:30pm IST

Contact Info @ Logitech site

here is another link

I have spoken to the Logitech support guys in US too - same answer. There is no option of repairing logitech harmony remotes.

They offered discount on subsequent purchase - but their price after discount was more or less same as the price at shopping sites like amazon.

regards,
Benny

Ohh.. thats really bad about logitech remotes then. I can understand how disappointing it is. will try to check with my friends if anyone knows any repainring center who does logitech remote repairing work.

-Anand

thanks anand - would be great if you are able to find someone who repairs Logitech remotes .

I could also attempt to repair it myself if someone is able to source the LCD screen for me. If anyone knows of mobile repairers/LCD dealers who can source the following LCD -
Foxconn or Innolux CT022TN05 V.6 - kindly let me know.

The Foxconn Innolux CT022TN05 V.6 is proprietary based on Logitech's design and this module cannot be sourced from the manufacturer or any distributor. In fact, the module is no longer being made, production being stopped in early 2010. Harmony One's that have been manufactured since then use a new module that is not backwardly compatible with the 1st generation H1, so I think your only option is to harvest the LCD from an otherwise defective 1st generation H1. Sorry! I wish I had better news for you.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back