Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film Collection

I had pre-ordered too and have received it, thankfully without any customs exactly on the 16th of Dec! Had marked it as gift and was packaged really well and it included a small card which was Christmas themed!

@sanro: check with the local post office!

I think emptiness might be a wrong word for that feeling... I think longing is more suitable... Harry potter was part of many of our lives while growing up & now that it is over we long for it... LOTR were fantastic movies but they were just that movies... Harry on the other hand seemed part of our youth...

It is a mixture of everything man....Only a true fan of harry potter like you can understand...To make it more interesting, i was watching the series for the first time, so last week i was watching every day 1 movie. I used to feel the expectation to watch the movie at night during office hours. The day used to go very fast......Finished last movie on Saturday night.....From sunday i am feeling depressed and nothing else to look forward.. And people say that books are even better. Since i have not read the books, may be i will buy them and try to relive the fantasy again......Yes i neever felt any of these symptoms with any of the movie franchisees......

I am not going to sell this blu ray at all....I will watch it over and over...The pace of movie is fast compared to LOTR...Event though i am an ardent fan of LOTR, LOTR can not be watched for a time pass....But harry potter can be a good companion.....

Guys any one has bought the ulitmate edition of Harry Potter blu rays? I dont think so there is a box set available, but individual movies are there in ultimate edition.......Let me know if any one has any one of them......

Thanks soundmachine , picked up my magic wand ( boxset ) from the local post office today without any customs duty . they said , it arrived two days back only..

The Hogwarts express will depart from home station today at around 8 PM . Cant' wait to start this magical journey :).

Guys any one has bought the ulitmate edition of Harry Potter blu rays? I dont think so there is a box set available, but individual movies are there in ultimate edition.......Let me know if any one has any one of them......

Warner had made a statement sometime back saying they would stop production of the current Potter discs at the end of 2011. They will then be releasing Ultimate Editions later some time in late 2012. So, they want to create hype for those sets which is why they will stop producing the current ones. I think they already have stopped supplying fresh stock to retailers.

You're right. But movie no. 7 & 8 are not there in Ultimate Edition. Also, there is no Ultimate Edition box set.

I read in other forum(blu-ray.com), lots of negative comments abouts the ultimate editions. Yes there is no ultimate edition box yet..might be they will reduce the price.....and bring out a box set...

It is a mixture of everything man....Only a true fan of harry potter like you can understand...To make it more interesting, i was watching the series for the first time, so last week i was watching every day 1 movie. I used to feel the expectation to watch the movie at night during office hours. The day used to go very fast......Finished last movie on Saturday night.....From sunday i am feeling depressed and nothing else to look forward.. And people say that books are even better. Since i have not read the books, may be i will buy them and try to relive the fantasy again......Yes i neever felt any of these symptoms with any of the movie franchisees......
You will find the books are even better than the movies (they usually are).

The limited time available with the movie means that some parts from books are left out. This is unevitable and quite understandable. The first two movies are more or less same as the books. 3, 4 and 5 are severe let down, especially 3. The book 5 is so large that it would have been impossible to fit in a movie.

Here are the things that you will enjoy from the books:
  • HP-POA [3]: Explains a lot about Sirius Black's character and why Harry grows to love him so much later. The book is very serious (no pun intended) but the movie's first half is damn near silly. Also Hermoine/Ron fight a lot in the book that is completely passed over in the movie.
  • HP-GOF [4]: The movie focussed on the first task so much so that task 2 & 3 just skipped thru. In the book, task 2 is much more difficult and task 3 even more so. Many hazards of task 3 are missing from the movie. At the end of the book, a great verbal disagreement surfaces between Fudge and Dumbledore that explains why the ministry is so anti-HP/AD in the next year.
  • HP-OOTP [5]: I cannot just write how much important parts are skipped in the movie. You (or anyone else) should read the book. Albus Dumbledore explains the prophecy, what is really means, why LV decided that Harry is the chosen one, etc.
  • HP-HBP [6]: Harry and DD are hunting horcruxes and need memories. A few memories are skipped. But this is OK. Harry/Ginny romance is missing from movie. This is also OK.
  • HP-TDH [7]: The whole ending is changed. Harry does not break the elder wand. This is not OK. Wands can be broken by severe magic only; or brutal flora/fauna such as the whomping willow. To make the movie 8 more action oriented a lot of (dramatic) fighting has been introduced and dialogue cut out. This is OK tough.

Agree with just4kix... You should read the books asap... The way u were talking about HP I assumed u already had read the books... Most of the emotional stuff like what Harry is feeling while going through this adventure is better explained in the books and almost never shown in the movie(not really their fault)... Also stuff like how Harry starts to doubt his faith in dumbledore & how he finally overcomes that doubt is quite intriguing... Really words cant describe the quality of these books... Btw I am on book 3 again(going through my 7th time reading the full set)... It is my goto book whenever I am feeling a bit down... Btw just a warning... You will practically start to hate the 3rd 4th & 5th movies after reading the books... Lolz I can talk about this topic all day long :)...

Thanks guys, I am gona order the full set from FlipKart. Between, is there any difference between adult version and children version?

Thanks guys, I am gona order the full set from FlipKart. Between, is there any difference between adult version and children version?

Naughty boy:) .LOL. HP series novels one of the greatest of all time. I can read them over and over again. I so feel like boarding on hogwarts express and going to school.

I saw in Amazon there is adult edition and children's edition of the same book...So my question is what is the difference?

Its about Rs 200 cheaper on landmarkonthenet Harry Potter Box Set by J. K. Rowling - Buy online at Landmarkonthenet.com ... Also you get a Rs 100 gift voucher :)...

Also about Adult & child.... Basically HP has some very intense stuff in the books... Not the kind of stuff you want to read your kids when you want to put them to bed... Hence the kid version... So I recommend the adult version if you are over 13 years old :p ... I will be ordering the kid version after I have kids :p ...

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back