Has anyone built the Alpha Nirvana 39W 8ohm Class A Amp?

SanjeevM

This amp is being discussed in the diyaudio.com forum, and is reviewed quite positively there. It operates on low rail voltage +-27v, has good power and very low distortion. Unlike other Class A Amps like Jean Hiraga, it has a better bass response. It operates in SE Class A with an active CCS controlled by a cleverly wired PNP CCS controller. Please note that this active CCS is no longer based on the Pass Aleph topology but a PNP-controlled P-channel with symmetric sense resistors. The amp should really be called an Aksa Lender Nirvana.

It has a dominant 2nd harmonic which makes it musical. Read more about it here:

This should turn out to be a good project.

Source for the kit, price $37 per channel.

I will take the words of the owner of that website XRK with a pinch of salt but do rave about AKSA the designer ;)

Though I have his original designed Alpha 20W boards with me soldered but could not get them to setup the bias and offset with I think matched BC series transistors coming out fake and lying unused. I am planning to dispose off these boards as I have too many amp boards and above all class A amps :)

Hi ramesh, any odd experiences with words from him??

Just that he praises them by degrading the other amps designs but runs and sells those DIY boards via his online webstore. More like a salesman going about on the DIY forum.

I have his Smooth Like Butter PSU Board, though I haven't assembled it yet. The PCB and parts are very high quality. Much better than what we get here.

A What's app forum member (Mr KN Das) has reported that he recently assembled this Amp, and it is sounding better than a Jean Hiraga (which he has also made recently). I will ask Mr Das to share pictures.

Just that he praises them by degrading the other amps designs but runs and sells those DIY boards via his online webstore. More like a salesman going about on the DIY forum.
Can you please point me to posts where xrk has degraded other amps out of spite? In my opinion, he's definitely not a salesman in the denigrating interpretation of the word. He is super helpful with questions asked, is quick to guide, to help troubleshoot etc.
He builds, verifies, shows data, offers kits with permission of the designers - hardly can be called a salesman. Of course you are entitled to your opinion but I've been reading his posts for years and NEVER even once I have found him to be anything but a gentleman.

Can you please point me to posts where xrk has degraded other amps out of spite? In my opinion, he's definitely not a salesman in the denigrating interpretation of the word. He is super helpful with questions asked, is quick to guide, to help troubleshoot etc.
He builds, verifies, shows data, offers kits with permission of the designers - hardly can be called a salesman. Of course you are entitled to your opinion but I've been reading his posts for years and NEVER even once I have found him to be anything but a gentleman.
I am building his PMC clone BS with different drivers, when i requested to simulate the drivers i wanted he was more than helpful.

My opinion is based on my interactions with him and I feel he promotes his web shop via the forum even though they are DIY boards. I understand he spends his time in building and evaluating them but that’s just my opinion.

I am building his PMC clone BS with different drivers, when i requested to simulate the drivers i wanted he was more than helpful.
But when I asked for the help of amp boards which my friend purchased from him he said that he is a consultant and charges per hour basis. So I stopped asking him for the help on these boards.

I'm assuming that you tried asking via PM or email. If yes, you should try asking in the build thread - there will be multiple sources of help including xrk and the designer. The answer to your queries will/may also help others facing similar issues. Many FM's in DIYA do not encourage 1-on-1 interaction - they'd rather that you do it via the forum.
But when I asked for the help of amp boards which my friend purchased from him he said that he is a consultant and charges per hour basis. So I stopped asking him for the help on these boards.

Ttt
Typo error. Push Pull Class A will cancel second order or all even order harmonics.

Another interesting topology that I have experienced and only in tube amp so far is Parallel SE, (PSE) in Pure Class A. Even order harmonics are very much there, vocals sound like chocolate fudge and bass takes a leap in all aspects as compared to just SE. Power output is way more too. I wonder if such has been designed in solid state amps too.

This Amp does not operate in the push pull mode, but in a SE class A mode. Hence 2nd harmonics is dominant and higher orders are decreasing.

xrk971 is a good person yes he started his own web shop but its ok according to me as it needs lot of time as he is a person who test his amps with his setup before he update in his web shop pcb is also fair in its price what I hope.As the manpower behind this is all matter even the design is diy. If he charges for consultancy then its not fair

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back