Has anyone reviewed or bought 50" Panasonic TH-50AS670D

akush

Hello Folks,

I am planning to buy a 47" - 50" LED TV.
I have visited stores and checked mainly LG line up and then Panasonic New 2014 Line up.
after comparing LG 47" with Panasonic TH-50AS670D a 50" Smart 3D TV.
I found it to be better picture quality and Panel brightness (Super Bright LED) then what LG had. I checked LG Cinemaline...
Also it has the Panel drive of 1200 Hz which was higher than in any other model. I am hoping this will give better viewing experience.

Has anyone reviewed or bought Panasonic.
The dealer is offering it for 93k (retail is 1.06 L) with standard in the box 2 3D glasses, touch remote. As for Diwali offer a Blu Ray player.
Do we know if that's the best price in the market or can be further negotiated?

Any feedback on this model will be of great help.

Akush,

Yes, I have this model and the PQ is very good. I believe it also comes with the 2 yr extended warranty now. I bought it for 89K in August and now it's available for 86.5K in Girija's chennai.

@ akush
just picked up this set from modern world in domlur. if you're not interested in the bdp, you'll get an even lower price. 2 yr warranty is also part of the Diwali offer.

@ sunshine
any idea how to check usage hours on this model? the panny techs are coming over for installation today, and it would be good to know. thanks!

Thanks guys for the response...
Will give a shot with dealer on price nego.

@Sunshine...the 86K price was with the BDPlayer?
I can give BD player offer a skip for now if that can bring down the price...

@coaltrain....how much u paid for it to Modern World? I can also check with them. For now I have checked with Adishwar...while Reliance and Croma don't have this in stock. The brand store did not sounded that they will offer any better price.

And how to check that the received piece is not a display unit. As most of the time they deliver next week from their warehouse.... How to make sure I get the box sealed pack / you know that doubt always linger upon....
Is there something which can be checked on the TV for how many hours that unit has been used etc.?

any suggestions on how to handle that...can we ask dealer to allow us to pick it ourselves from their "warehouse" :)

I have zeroed on either Sony 950 or Panasonic AS670. I tried for plasma but no more plasmas as they have been stopped other than Samsung.

@Lakshmi... good to know Pana on your radar too...

Infact I checked LG 47LW6500 also...with all bells and whistles of offers and etc etc.. still feel Pana had better PQ.

Will explore more over the weekend and probably close the deal...
just need to know answers of my prev post...anybody?

thanks ...cheers!:)

Hi akush,

Yes, The price 86.5K is inclusive with the 3D bluray player and 2nd year extended warranty. Girija's chennai had advertised in a local news paper last week with this offer....

Hey Sunshine...
Thank U for the input...
I will try my luck here in Bangalore...
I was also going through the other thread on how to make sure that we don't get display unit from the dealer...quiet a read here ...
cheers!

Akush,

Yes, I have this model and the PQ is very good. I believe it also comes with the 2 yr extended warranty now. I bought it for 89K in August and now it's available for 86.5K in Girija's chennai.

@Sunshine: I was reading the other thread in this forum on how to check the usage time for LEDs.
Just curious if you also did this check when you got your unit and if yes, then please share the steps to get into the service menu for this specific model / series and check the usage time.
Being 2014 model not much is available on the feedback or the cheat sheet to access these service menu.
Please do let me know as I am looking to finalise this in couple of days.

cheers!

@ akush
just picked up this set from modern world in domlur. if you're not interested in the bdp, you'll get an even lower price. 2 yr warranty is also part of the Diwali offer.

@ sunshine
any idea how to check usage hours on this model? the panny techs are coming over for installation today, and it would be good to know. thanks!

@ coaltrain: I know I am repeating my question here and see that you also have the same query around finding out the usage time...
Did you get to know how to crack open the service menu on this new one.
If you do then please share the steps to access it and check the usage hour.
I guess having this knowledge is the key to peace of mind (well to some extent)

thanks

Offer should be the same across all Girija's showrooms. Please mention abt the the news paper AD if they quote more. I guess the AD came on 1st or 2nd oct.

@akush

k, here's the info you've been waiting for! :)

1. Switch on the TV.
2. Keep TV set side vol - button pressed and press "info" thrice on remote.
3. You will get the "Start adjustment menu" and then another screen in a few seconds
4. Press "2" twice on remote.
5. Using the cursor keys, highlight the right side
of the last item "PTCT :00.00.00.00.00" :
6. Then press and hold the {MUTE} button for 3 seconds.

Time and Count will be displayed:

TIME = Hours : Minutes of operation.
COUNT = Times the set was powered on.

got all this info from HFV itself. it's buried in here somewhere. tried it on the as670 and it worked :)

oops, forgot to mention that to exit the service menu, you need to switch off the set from the mains.

@coaltrain: Awesome thanks buddy.
I am assuming this is for LED the one you bought.
How was the experience with modern world?
And how much you paid for it.
Any insight will help. Looking to close this weekend itself.

@coaltrain: Awesome thanks buddy.
I am assuming this is for LED the one you bought.
How was the experience with modern world?
And how much you paid for it.
Any insight will help. Looking to close this weekend itself.

I paid 85k, sans the bdp but including the 2 yr warranty. now that I'm hearing others have paid 86.5 with bdp, I'll be giving mw a call!

I've been buying stuff from mw for years, including onkyo receivers, fridges, speakers, bdp, etc. whenever I need to pick up something new, I get a decent price on the old stuff. minimum fuss and peace of mind if something goes wrong, since I know them well.

I paid 85k, sans the bdp but including the 2 yr warranty. now that I'm hearing others have paid 86.5 with bdp, I'll be giving mw a call!

I've been buying stuff from mw for years, including onkyo receivers, fridges, speakers, bdp, etc. whenever I need to pick up something new, I get a decent price on the old stuff. minimum fuss and peace of mind if something goes wrong, since I know them well.

Ok got it. Tx.
I guess i now have all req info ....will check with mw also.:

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back