Has anyone used shopyourworld.com?

My advise to you all is SAVEYOURMONEY by NEVER EVER EVER dealing with SHOPYOURWORLD.COM

I had placed an order for an Asus router worth Rs 8000 with Global Shopping: Buy from International Stores like Amazon, Victorias Secret, A|X, Best Buy & many more in India, delivered to your doorstep. on 16 August 2011
(Order No: TIN0370131US)
I used to do regular follow ups about the status of the order by calling them up and even
online chatting with some JERK named ALEX but I was always told to wait another 10 to 15 WORKING days
for the delivery.
After almost a month 14 Sept 2011, to be precise, on calling them up- I was informed by them that their international merchant
could not deliver the router.
So then, I asked for a refund which they readily agreed but here's the catch. "YOU need to AGAIN wait for another
10 to 15 WORKING DAYS for the refund to reflect in your account".
I had to again call them as I did not receive my refund after waiting for much more than
10 to 15 WORKING DAYS (They LOVE this term)
This continued till 17 October 2011. On 17 October I was now told that they always had issues with refund with HDFC Banks
so they advised me to keep the Rs 8000 with them which I could use later to purchase something else.
I readily agreed and placed another order for Network Attached Storage (TIN0410182US) with them worth Rs 7500/- using the Rs 8000 balance, I now had with them.
As before I was again told that it would take 10 to 15 WORKING DAYS for the delivery but the fact is that TILL TODAY I have not
recived any delivery from Global Shopping: Buy from International Stores like Amazon, Victorias Secret, A|X, Best Buy & many more in India, delivered to your doorstep..

I just hope this message reaches to as many online shoppers as possible who are wise enough to do a research on shopping sites
before handing over their hard earned money to some fraudulent / chor /con (I am out of words)
online shoppoing site like like Global Shopping: Buy from International Stores like Amazon, Victorias Secret, A|X, Best Buy & many more in India, delivered to your doorstep.

My advise to you all is SAVEYOURMONEY by NEVER EVER EVER dealing with SHOPYOURWORLD.COM

Alright here is another (-1) for SYW. Absolutely unprofessional service and I don't even know how they are are running business till now.

I also placed my order for a Vacuum cleaner (Order: TIN0368565UK) from UK on 13th june. After three weeks I was told that the UK merchant apparently had only used items and whether I wanted to go ahead with the order. I said I was not interested and asked them to cancel the order. A week later I had the shipment at my place! Well, what do I do then. I obviously didn't want an used item and I had bought a new one from Bangalore itself in the mean time and I can't have two vacuum cleaners at home. I called up SYW again and told about this. They said they can arrange for a pick-up. A couple of days later, the item was taken back.

Now the refund part. It's been 2 months and so many calls and chat sessions and every time I call I have been given reasons, most of them in the same line as what Jitin just mentioned. Some bank issue or 'we will send you an update once we check with account team' etc. Every time they promised an update over email at the end of the day but never kept their promise.

Finally I decided to use a harsh tone and forwarded one of the saved chat transcript where they had promised a refund within that week. I also told them I will take the matter to ICICI bank and consumer forums. This time I got a response promising that I will definitely get the refund this week. Well, it's two days since their last timeline expired and no update yet.

I have used with 20north and borderlinx for oversees orders before and I must say their services (esp. borderLinx) is way better than this. In fact, I can't even say SYW offer any service. Absolutely rubbish and unprofessional. They simply give some silly reasons all the time and you know they are telling blatant lies.

I plan to give it a few days' time and report a fraud. Anyway, the advice from me is: don't bother if they have the cheapest prices. Just run away from them if you don't want trouble.

Alright here is another (-1) for SYW. Absolutely unprofessional service and I don't even know how they are are running business till now.

Finally relief for me! SYW refunded my money just when I was convinced I wasn't going to get it back. It took them more than 4 months, though, the period which has cost me several phone calls and time. Lesson learned and will not visit their website again.

For using SYW, you need to have a special quality - patience :) . They may take upto 1-1.5 months. I had ordered pair of bookshelves. I was in the verge of getting crazy doing follow ups with them. They have many mechanism for contact- chat/mail/call. Always will give some or other excuse. One fine day, they delivered at home. Their online tracking page showed the location of parcel at US node. Hope nothing more need to said on the tracking :) . The positives are good packing, fixed landing price, different payment options and a nice amazon link.

Another horrendous experience with shopyourworld.

I have placed an order of kindle fire on 18th Dec 2011(Order ID-201112-21387). They have a dedicated Kindle Store in place to lure the customers. I got a mail confirming the same and there they have promised delivery will be done within 8-12 days at your door step. They are in madly love with this word i.e., 'at your doorstep sir.' After that the nightmare started, I had to contact them through 'live chat' at least five times asking about the revised delivery dates. I had a chat with a guy name 'Alex' who kept saying that because of holiday season in US & UK, all shipments are getting delayed. When I asked that why they didn't bother to inform the customers about the delivery delays, they said its not possible for them to inform each customer about it. On 27th they said that the shipment had reached their US hub and ready to ship. After 4 more chat, now they are saying that the merchant (In this case its Amazon) didn't shipped it. By the way Amazon was providing free 2 day Priority shipping to all kindle buyers. Every time they tried to sell some non sense to convince me.
Today I respectfully asked for a refund to which they readily agreed. Again they told me it will take 12-15 days. I said its fine with me. I can wait. Let see what lies in the future.

I have read numerous complaints against shop your world and still decided to shop with them. The only blunder committed from my end. However, I have all the transcripts record with me. I guess these will be of great help I had to seek some help from my credit card company.
I am just praying to God and assuming that these crooks wont forfeit my hard earned money.
So one big advice to all, always proceed with extreme caution when dealing with shopyourworld. Everyone assumes that this kind of incidence will not happen to them and shopyourworld are hell-bent to prove ourselves wrong.

I have placed an order of kindle fire on 18th Dec 2011
One thing you can't expect from SYW is communications. During my 2 month long ordeal with them, I didn't get a single mail from them giving me an assurance or update. I did get my refund in the end, though. So, I am guessing you will get the order. But if you are loosing your patience, I can understand, since without regular updates, it really becomes difficult to trust online orders nowadays.

A question I have is: Why didn't you order directly from Amazon?

Kindle fire is specifically meant for US customers. They will ship it only within US, Alaska & Hawaii.

People can use it anywhere in the globe but most, if not all of amazon content is blocked outside US. You can't even access Amazon cloud and Amazon app store. Amazon don't put such restrictions on another kindle devices.

I was thinking about rooting the device and unleashing it's full capabilities.

Kindle fire is specifically meant for US customers. They will ship it only within US, Alaska & Hawaii.

Yeah, I about the content non-availabilitye outside the U.S. But didn't know they won't even ship to India. Thanks for the info and I just checked and confirmed. Even I am toying with the idea of getting one. But I guess I will wait for the day they release the one that supports 3G. If you ever manage to root it, let us know how it goes.

Placed order for Onkyo UPA1 dock on 7th november 2011. Usual answer 10 - 15 working days for delivery. When asked specifically I was answered 5 days of the week i.e.monday to friday less deduction of holidays in the US and holidays of India which are everybody knows too many. After several follow ups I cancelled the order on the 5th of January 2012 due to delay in shipment. I got a confirmation for the same on the 6th of January 2012 mentioning refund would be processed within 10-15 working days. So I assume according to all the holidays calculated would be maximum 30th of January 2012. After going through all the emails in this thread I am afraid whether I would get this refund in time or not. I hope SYW gives me my refund in time as promised (10-15 working days).

Placed order for Onkyo UPA1 dock on 7th november 2011. Usual answer 10 - 15 working days for delivery. When asked specifically I was answered 5 days of the week i.e.monday to friday less deduction of holidays in the US and holidays of India which are everybody knows too many. After several follow ups I cancelled the order on the 5th of January 2012 due to delay in shipment. I got a confirmation for the same on the 6th of January 2012 mentioning refund would be processed within 10-15 working days. So I assume according to all the holidays calculated would be maximum 30th of January 2012. After going through all the emails in this thread I am afraid whether I would get this refund in time or not. I hope SYW gives me my refund in time as promised (10-15 working days).

I have gone through this before and my recommendation is this: Check with SYW if they have really cancelled the order. In my case, even after cancelling, the item arrived. Since I had bought one locally after cancelling, I had to send it back. So, check with them if the item is on it's way and if so, take it. It's better than letting them have your money for 3 months.

I have placed an order of kindle fire on 18th Dec 2011(Order ID-201112-21387). They have a dedicated Kindle Store in place to lure the customers. I got a mail confirming the same and there they have promised delivery will be done within 8-12 days at your door step. They are in madly love with this word i.e., 'at your doorstep sir.' After that the nightmare started, I had to contact them through 'live chat' at least five times asking about the revised delivery dates. I had a chat with a guy name 'Alex' who kept saying that because of holiday season in US & UK, all shipments are getting delayed. When I asked that why they didn't bother to inform the customers about the delivery delays, they said its not possible for them to inform each customer about it. On 27th they said that the shipment had reached their US hub and ready to ship. After 4 more chat, now they are saying that the merchant (In this case its Amazon) didn't shipped it. By the way Amazon was providing free 2 day Priority shipping to all kindle buyers. Every time they tried to sell some non sense to convince me.
Today I respectfully asked for a refund to which they readily agreed. Again they told me it will take 12-15 days. I said its fine with me. I can wait. Let see what lies in the future.

I have read numerous complaints against shop your world and still decided to shop with them. The only blunder committed from my end. However, I have all the transcripts record with me. I guess these will be of great help I had to seek some help from my credit card company.
I am just praying to God and assuming that these crooks wont forfeit my hard earned money.
So one big advice to all, always proceed with extreme caution when dealing with shopyourworld. Everyone assumes that this kind of incidence will not happen to them and shopyourworld are hell-bent to prove ourselves wrong.

same this happen to me i also cancel order today hope they will refund my money :sad:

Ordered a Toshiba BDP from amazon uk through SYW on 30th dec.. Waiting for the item from then... Now 1 month passed.. There customer service is very pathetic and 13 days delivery assurance is a lie...

I had placed order on Shopyourworld.com on 20/12/2011 for shoes and order number was TIN51629US and the story begun after this, they said sooty for Christmas rush, then they said they have issue with logistics but very late in March 2012 the order was cancelled and they said buy something else and then I purchased again on 29-0312012 order number was TIN516529US but till today it has been not delivered and no refund. There is one executive named JASMINE OZA then he started giving excuses and he bought time from me, basically he was making fool of me, and when you say you will go to consumer court they say do what ever you can do. NO DELIVERY NO REFUND. When you call to cancel the order they say we will mail you and there you confirm the cancellation but the mail will never be sent and even if they agree to refund they will say convert the amount to SYW Rupees ( shop your world Rupees , there own created currency ) which you can use later but will not refund the amount to your bank. Here again I trusted them and took amount in SYW FORMAT TO USED LATER and I purchased again with order number TIN0536557US BUT AGAIN I am made fool and now I wish to go to consumer court in Nagpur, I have prepared all the documents that are Mainly payment by credit cards.
I have all the credit card statement where payment is clearly shown.
I wish all the customers to approach consumer court by tendering legal fees of Rupees 5000/- even if your order is small amount later you get refund from the company as court directs them. And may be their office address is M/s. Import Express India Pvt. Ltd(Shop your
World). 385 Cardinal Gracias Road Chakala, Andheri (East), Mumbai 400069.

the difference is huge but they never deliver....

dont belv SHOPYOURWORLD

PAY MORE BUT BUY FROM RELIABLE PORTAL OTHERWISE U LL LOSE THAT MONEY ALSO

regards

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back