HD6xx or Sundara?

What are the genres you primarily listen bro. Both are very different in terms of presentation , Sundara has a slightly bright presentation with a fairly wide soundstage whereas the Sennheiser HD600 is more laidback , vocals are surreal and treble is slightly subdued.

Another thing to consider is what do you intend to drive them with , Sundara go about well with quiet a bit of portable sources and majority of the desktop amps. HD600 need a tube amp to do really well, sound bland with the majority of the solid state amps in the starting range. But they scale tremendously as and when you invest in higher end amps and sound phenomenal.

Which is a better buy? the HD 6xx or the Sundara. Would love your inputs!
If I were you, I would get both. Both offer a very unique flavour and are leaders in their respective segments. Hd6xx have mids to die for. Sundara have the best plannar magnetic sound in their price range and technically better headphones and don't have the mids as prominent nor the highs and lows are rolled off. If you could pick both..you would have two points of reference which are world class. Everything else out there is only incrementally better. These are two special headphones. Third I would throw in the mix are focal elex if you can get it from US from someone.

I rock a hd600, focal clear and hifiman arya. I have retired from considering any more hps

Which is a better buy? the HD 6xx or the Sundara. Would love your inputs!
Sundara are better for Rock/metal. Slam beautifully.
HD650 are mid champion espeacially when paired with TOTL OTL tube amps. Tried 6xx briefly. I prefer 650 with KISS mod.
What are your upstream components?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back