MARANTZ NR1200

therider_m

Hi, I have been a headphone/earphone audiophile up until now.
AK SR25+ JH Diana+ HiFiMan Sundara+ Hiby R3pro+ AQ DragonFly(S22 Ultra).
All my music collection are FLAC/WAV (16/24Bit - 44.1/48/96/192KHz) files ripped from my CD(650+) collection.

Recently I bought a MARANTZ NR1200 & a pair of TORVIN TP52 Bookshelf Speakers. I have stored all my music files in my YOGA laptop.

Pls suggest me a WIRED chain to listen my music stored in my laptop on Torvin TP52 via NR1200.
Do I need a standalone DAC as most of the reviews says that the inbuilt DAC in NR1200 is not good enough?
If I do need a DAC, please suggest me a DAC (around 30k)for the above chain.
Can I listen to HiRes audio if I connect my laptop to NR1200 using HDMI cable.

All my music collection are FLAC/WAV (16/24Bit - 44.1/48/96/192KHz) files ripped from my CD(650+) collection.

Recently I bought a MARANTZ NR1200 & a pair of TORVIN TP52 Bookshelf Speakers. I have stored all my music files in my YOGA laptop.

Pls suggest me a WIRED chain to listen my music stored in my laptop on Torvin TP52 via NR1200.
Do I need a standalone DAC as most of the reviews says that the inbuilt DAC in NR1200 is not good enough?
The NR1200's amplification stage is already married with the best DAC and preamp stage it can eke the most performance out of. In order to check, try using your AQ DAC and see if it sounds better. If not, then no point investing in anything beyond.

The NR1200's amplification stage is already married with the best DAC and preamp stage it can eke the most performance out of. In order to check, try using your AQ DAC and see if it sounds better. If not, then no point investing in anything beyond.
Thank you for the reply, Sir.
Will do that.
Can you enlighten me on this:
"Can I listen to HiRes audio if I connect my laptop to NR1200 using HDMI cable".

Hi,
There is no end in audio gears , it is our listening experience, if it is satisfied we can go with it, Marantz inbuilt dac is seems good one.

Thank U for the reply, Sir.
True that.
Decided to stick with Yoga(foobar2000)+3.5 to RCA(AudioQuest)+Marantz NR1200 +Torvin BS for sometime.
Also decided to use HiBy R3pro & AQ Dragonfly as DACs to test whether there is any actual difference in listening to music as recommended by @DB1989.

What was your experience like when you tried out the AQ DAC with the NR1200?
After 10+ hours of listening with Yoga→AQ/Hiby R3 Pro→Marantz NR1200→Torvin, there is not much difference while using AQ but the mids & lows are clearer while using Hiby R3pro DAP(output through 2.5mm balanced output, used a Hiby 2.5 to 3.5mm converter
For me the cables played a major role. AQ RCA cables & 14AWG speaker cables definitely made a huge difference than a Amazonbasics RCA & 16AWG speaker cables.
P.S → These observations are purely based on my listening experience.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back