HDMI CEC on Android box

gauthamnaidu

Hi guys.. I guess I'm at the right place..
I have added an android box to my media setup..
Sometimes when I'm playing downloaded content I'm not able to control the volume on the android box.. If I play a different file I am able to..

Does it have something to do with hdmi cec settings on the android box?

What do I do now? Thanks a lot for taking the time!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

It may have to do with the audio format? Can you control volume from your AVR?

It may have to do with the audio format? Can you control volume from your AVR?
I am able to control it with the avr.. But why only some of the formats support control from Android box.. Quite surprising actually

I am able to control it with the avr.. But why only some of the formats support control from Android box.. Quite surprising actually

Hi,

What file types are not controllable ? also whats the application you are using to play them.

are you using the avrs remote to increase the volume on the android tv box.

Ideally set the volume to what level you want on the android box, Usually left to almost maximum, and then adjust the sound from the avr.

In the settings depending on your android tv box you may or may not have a CEC control which can be enabled .

do clarify on the above to help us help you.
Thanks

Hi,

What file types are not controllable ? also whats the application you are using to play them.

are you using the avrs remote to increase the volume on the android tv box.

Ideally set the volume to what level you want on the android box, Usually left to almost maximum, and then adjust the sound from the avr.

In the settings depending on your android tv box you may or may not have a CEC control which can be enabled .

do clarify on the above to help us help you.
Thanks
Hi.. I haven't noted the exact file types (my bad) I will now do that the next time.. The reason I need to use the wifi keypad to control volume on the android device in spite of being able to control the volume in the avr is...

1. While the movie is on I usually have the android keypad with me..

2. The volume levels of different files are different.. May be because of how they were encoded...

I keep the elite on the cradle so I can use the wifi remote itself.. It's frustrating to go back and forth between remotes...

Will update file types tomo! Sorry!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back