HDMI to Optical Convertor

pavalavel

Hi Folks,

I had recently got an Onkyo HT-R530 receiver with 7.1 Speakers from my neighbor who was moving out for a good deal. After bringing it to my home i noticed that My TV, Bluray Player, Tata Sky HD, Chromecast all of them support only HDMI and the receiver being an old model doesnot have HDMI Connection.

I was researching for ideas to connect all them together, below was the option i was able to find. Please suggest if there are better options

Buy HDMI to Component - YPbPr + VGA + Optical & Stereo Audio Converter Splitter Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Regards,
Paval

Most AVRs are audio processors and video switchers.
Your TV must have multiple HDMI inputs and hopefully a digital audio out (OPT or COAX).
Connect all your sources to the TV for video and connect TV audio out to AVR for sound processing.

What TV (make/model) do you have?

Cheers,
Raghu

^ That is the simplest way I see. If TV doesn't have any optical or coax outs, use HDMI Splitters which split Audio and Video signals. Send the Video via HDMI to TV and Audio from the splitter through Toslink. Caveat - HD Audio will not be supported.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back