Headphone or IEM under 5k

akhilc

Hi,

I need a new Headphone/IEM with in 5k budget. First of all I'm not sure if I should get an over-the-air or an in-ear type. I'm currently using philips ep630 so it's a serious upgrade that I'm planning. I'm more leaning toward over-the-air type. But my only concern is that if it'll be heavy or uncomfortable for long sessions.

1. IEM or Over-the-ear??

It'll be used mainly for music, movies and casual gaming. I don't need so much positional accuracy (Don't know if it's the term) as in there for a gaming headset. Main preference is good quality music. I don't want too audiophilic kind of modules either, I mean which doesn't have much power or bass. Even though upper limit is 5k, if there's any good ones around 3k then that will do. I listen to hip-hop, rap, pop, rock, old bollywood songs also. I'll be using it on my dell laptop and lumia 720.

2. Suggest Good music quality Headphones with decent bass/power (3k-5k).

Keenly waiting for suggestions. Please ask if any more information is needed. Thank you.

If your music:movies:gaming is 1:1:1 then better get headphones for big sound for movies and gaming. If music is top priority then IEM for more intimate sound. I found myself enjoying tunes when in my car which I usually discard as typical commercial numbers. Such is the impact of the big-ness of setting and speakers/IEMs.

Take a look at Signature Acoustics C12 for under 3k.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back