Headphone suggestions?

plasmoid

Hi all...My trusty Sennheiser PX100mk2 has finally given out after 6 years(really loved the sound). At present neither the PX100 nor the PX80 is available. Would appreciate if anyone could suggest something similar - light and portable with a warm sound. Budget is around 4-5K. Thanks in advance.

Perhaps the Sound Blaster JAM from Creative might be closer to the PX100. That's a surprisingly good pair of inexpensive headphones, especially for the price and form factor.

While I barely remember the PX100, I still have an old Alessandro MS1 that works just fine. If portability isn't an issue, maybe you could consider the Alessandros or entry-level Grados. Admittedly, their sound signatures are very different. So you might want to find a way to listen to them first.

Maybe check out headphonezone.in and/or Amazon and see if they allow free returns for a refund or exchange; in case you don't like the sound signature.

Perhaps the Sound Blaster JAM from Creative might be closer to the PX100. That's a surprisingly good pair of inexpensive headphones, especially for the price and form factor.

While I barely remember the PX100, I still have an old Alessandro MS1 that works just fine. If portability isn't an issue, maybe you could consider the Alessandros or entry-level Grados. Admittedly, their sound signatures are very different. So you might want to find a way to listen to them first.

Maybe check out headphonezone.in and/or Amazon and see if they allow free returns for a refund or exchange; in case you don't like the sound signature.
Thanks for the suggestions. I loved the PX100 for it's dark smooth sound and want something similar sounding. BTW headphonezone.in does not do refunds. They just credit the amount to your account so you end up buying something or the other from them :confused:. Lots of people have got stuck in this way.

Hi all...My trusty Sennheiser PX100mk2 has finally given out after 6 years(really loved the sound). At present neither the PX100 nor the PX80 is available. Would appreciate if anyone could suggest something similar - light and portable with a warm sound. Budget is around 4-5K. Thanks in advance.

The PX100 is available on Amazon.com for 260 USD which works out very expensive.

I bought the Sennheiser HD 300 from Amazon India recently for Rs. 3,290/- . It is ok to hear but has less bass. Build quality & finish is good though.

See if you can get a Koss Porta Pro, they are not as dark sounding but not too bright either. I preferred them over the px100, not really a fan of sennheiser sound signature.

See if you can get a Koss Porta Pro, they are not as dark sounding but not too bright either. I preferred them over the px100, not really a fan of sennheiser sound signature.
There was an issue with the cable so I got it fixed and it's good as new:). Thanks for the recommendation...I used a Porta Pro before the PX100. I really liked it a lot till I tried the PX100 :p.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back