Hello All, Sunny here.

SunnyBoi

Hello folks,

I'm Sunny, originally hailing from Mysore but shifted t bangalore and subsequently ams typing from Singapore. Had heard about the site from reignfchaos and cranky, but never had the opportunity of visiting here. So finally here I am :)

MY audio journey begined with a Modded SBLive! 7.1 and Altec Lansing ATP3s. Next came the E-MU 1212m and Altec Lansing MX5021. Unfortunately due to my lack of common sense I ruined the PCB of the MX5021 while modding and hence the speakers lay dead for close to a year. Finally they have been resurrected by a close friend of mine :D

Moved to Singapore in December and armed with a month's Pay, bought ProAc Tablette 2s, Musical Fidelity A100 and Cambridge Azur 540A V2 amps and a VALAB USB NOS DAC with some heavy sand filled stands. Some pics of my setup:

The VALAB USB NOS DAC

ProAc Tablette 2

Musical Fidelity A100 amp

A recent pic of my setup:

Will be expanding my collection with a new source and amps as soon as I get my paycheque this month :D

...ProAc Tablette 2s, Musical Fidelity A100 and Cambridge Azur 540A V2 amps and a VALAB USB NOS DAC with some heavy sand filled stands...

Nice setup! I'd love to hear how it sounds. Did you by any chance pick the ProAc's used? Also, why the MF AND the Cambridge? I'd think the MF would be decidedly better than the Azur...

Will be expanding my collection with a new source and amps as soon as I get my paycheque this month :D

What, more amps? How 'bout a TT and start buying LP's instead of more amps? ;)

P.S: Looks like you couldn't find anything better to replace KF, even in SG...:eek:hyeah:

Nice setup! I'd love to hear how it sounds. Did you by any chance pick the ProAc's used? Also, why the MF AND the Cambridge? I'd think the MF would be decidedly better than the Azur...

Well the first purcjase I did was hee cambridge, then came across this awesomely unbeatable ProAc+A100 combo :D I was already a Musical Fidelity fan since I heard the A1-X at reignofchaos's place. SPeakers are 9-10 years old an the amp is 20 years old :)
What, more amps? How 'bout a TT and start buying LP's instead of more amps? ;)

Oh lol i meant better dac :D and some exotic components for modding the DAC and amp...
P.S: Looks like you couldn't find anything better to replace KF, even in SG...:eek:hyeah:

Heh. its still the cheapest here :D

No man, its always computers for me :)

Hello sunny,
It seems you have got a compact and great sounding set up. You have maintained the amp and speakers well, they dont look 10 or 20 yrs old!!

I have a doubt, my pc has pathetic on board sound, will a usb sound card like the one from creative xfi really give excellent sound quality?

Hello sunny,
It seems you have got a compact and great sounding set up. You have maintained the amp and speakers well, they dont look 10 or 20 yrs old!!

I have a doubt, my pc has pathetic on board sound, will a usb sound card like the one from creative xfi really give excellent sound quality?

@iaudio - Creative is good, but are geared more towards all round PC activity like music, games, movies, etc. Check out the Asus Xonar range of soundcards. More musical than anything I've heard in the recent times (of course M-Audio also chips in). Of note is the Asus Xonar Essence STX soundcard, truly a blast for audiophiles. Cost is around 8K. I've ordered and awaiting delivery for myself.

I guess this depends on what kind of amp and speakers you have hooked your PC to. If all you have are desktop speakers, the Asus Xonar or an M-Audio should be fine but if you've a decent amp and speakers then you would be better off with a proper outboard DAC...

Its been a long time since I've posted any updates.

The itch for better audio in the office grew. So bought an Alessandro MS1i and a Chinese EL84 tube amp which was getting good reviews in the local Singapore crowd. Soon after that realised that perhaps using Open headphones in office isn't exactly the right decision :(

Started looking out for good closed headphones. Was shopping for W1000s when I saw a good deal for W5000s pop up. Went ahead and bought them, clearly knowing that other components in my audio chain will not do any justice to them.

Soon I got rid of the horrible chinese tubes and put in JAN GE NOS 5670 and JJ EL84s. Instantly sounded much better. Added a Zero DAC 2009 and a m2Tech hiFace to improve the source.

By this time, I had brought the ProAcs and the A100 back to India. Felt the itch to get something half decent back, bought a pair of Travagans 3inch speakers as well as another one of them Chinese Tube amps to listen at home.

Came back to India, long story cut short, ended up with these stuff:

Zero DAC 2009
m2Tech hiFace
2x EL84 tube amps
ProAc Tablette 2 bookshelves
Musical Fidelity A100
Kimber Kable 8TC Speaker Cables
Audio Technica ATH-W5000 Raffinato
Lyrita Lync valve preamp

On the lookout for cheap TT deals, afterall the Lyrita was picked up for its phono stage. Also on the lookout for a tube power amp sicne the ProAcs love tube amp don't need much power.

Currently don't have much space, everything is placed on one rickety shelf :(

qOdk2.jpg

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back