Hello all

ravi_d

I'm Ravi living and working in London. I'm looking for advise on breaking-in the speakers on-line and found this site. I hope I'm at the right place for help on my present set-up and advise on my future purchases.

The below is my set-up which I bought few weeks ago

Source: Yamaha CD S700 (CD Player)
Amp: Harman Kardon HK 970
Speakers: Mission M32i (Bookshelf Speakers) bi-wired
Cable: QED Original MK2 Bi-wire for speakers, QED Performance J2P interconnect from laptop to Amp for playing flac/mp3, Cambridge Audio AUD300 from CD Player to Amp

The speakers were brand new. The CD player is an ex display one which I got it for 99 and the amp is an used one from ebay for around 110 which I thought would be a good starter set-up for music listening.

I would like to upgrade the amp and may be the speakers to floor standers in few months.
I read a review somewhere that my speakers need at least 150 to 200 hours for them to break-in. I hope my speakers perform well after the break-in is done.

welcome2.gif
, have a great time.

Firstly, welcome to HFV.
There are strong aye & nay sayers & u can find them all over the net but my pers exp is that break-in is real for all components including i\c & spkr cables. I achieve it by fitting in the component into my kids' TV which has its audio routed through external amp @ spkrs.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back