Hello from a big screen movies and gaming fan!

aalaap

I have a Samsung 51" FHD 3D plasma and the only two things I do with it are watching movies and gaming.

I have a Raspberry Pi running XBMC, which I control over HDMI-CEC, pulling media from a 4TB NAS drive and other sources, like my iMac or the Surface Pro. There's a Chromecast too, but I don't use it much, because XBMC pretty much handles everything I need. I'm not a huge fan of casting stuff from my phone or tablet to the TV, because I can simply use the TV remote to make XBMC do it by itself.

There's an Xbox 360 for gaming. There was a PS3 too, but that's dead and I'm not replacing it. I also won't be getting the Xbox One at least until the middle or end of next year - I just don't think the current line-up of next-gen titles are worth the investment.

I like to keep things light, so I don't have a surround sound system for the movies and gaming or even a stereo speaker set for music. It's pretty quiet around where I live and my TV sound is simply adequate. I mostly find myself playing music on the iMac, but I also do have an Altec Lansing MIX iMT-800 boom box when I need to punch up things a bit.

I have an iMac, but I run Windows 10 on it, because I stopped liking OS X since a few versions ago. The Surface Pro is still running Windows 8.1, but I think I'll upgrade it to 10, because it's pretty stable even for a Technical Preview. And I prefer Android to iOS.

So, hello! :cool:

I have a Samsung 51" FHD 3D plasma and the only two things I do with it are watching movies and gaming.

I have a Raspberry Pi running XBMC, which I control over HDMI-CEC, pulling media from a 4TB NAS drive and other sources, like my iMac or the Surface Pro. There's a Chromecast too, but I don't use it much, because XBMC pretty much handles everything I need. I'm not a huge fan of casting stuff from my phone or tablet to the TV, because I can simply use the TV remote to make XBMC do it by itself.

There's an Xbox 360 for gaming. There was a PS3 too, but that's dead and I'm not replacing it. I also won't be getting the Xbox One at least until the middle or end of next year - I just don't think the current line-up of next-gen titles are worth the investment.

I like to keep things light, so I don't have a surround sound system for the movies and gaming or even a stereo speaker set for music. It's pretty quiet around where I live and my TV sound is simply adequate. I mostly find myself playing music on the iMac, but I also do have an Altec Lansing MIX iMT-800 boom box when I need to punch up things a bit.

I have an iMac, but I run Windows 10 on it, because I stopped liking OS X since a few versions ago. The Surface Pro is still running Windows 8.1, but I think I'll upgrade it to 10, because it's pretty stable even for a Technical Preview. And I prefer Android to iOS.

So, hello! :cool:

welcome to the forum... am guessing you must be the first one using win 10 TP here.. do post your review..

welcome to the forum... am guessing you must be the first one using win 10 TP here.. do post your review..

Thanks!

The only thing that's really new in Windows 10 is the Modern-style Start Menu. It's better than the full-screen Start Screen while using a non-touch device, but it's probably not going to be good for tablets running full Windows. Let's see how they tackle that in the next few releases. Everything else is practically the same as 8.1. Performance is good and it's pretty stable even for a preview. I'm using it as my main OS on my main computer.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back