Hello from Aizawl

m51chris

Hi -

I'm a US guy that married a lady from Mizoram; now living in Aizawl. It's a pretty good city in several respects, especially the weather. One thing they lack, though, is any kind of decent audio shops. They sell a lot of PA stuff, but not much in the way of home stereo.

If any of you are from Mizoram, I'd love to get in touch. I'll be searching through the forum here for info on audio stores in Calcutta, which is within easy traveling distance (by air) from Aizawl.

Look forward to spending time in this forum -

Chris Lorensen

Welcome Chris. Nice to have you on board.

If you are sure of the item you need, I am sure many dealers would be ready to ship the product to you. I remember a friend of mine shipped some amps all the way from Chennai to a client in Assam. But do be careful. Some states gave local taxes and VAT issues, and the dealers may demand a NOC from the local tax authority.

Cheers

Hi Chris, welcome.
You are now one of us, in more ways than just one.
We do have some members from Cal-I'm sure they'll help out with names/addresses/Phone numbers of audio dealers in that city.
Do post abt your present system, your music/movie preferences.

Hey Chris,

If you are looking out for the likes of Onkyo, Sonodyne, Denon etc in entry or mid level segment. then you can check out the shop called "Borkotoky Electronics" in Guwahati, Assam. Guwahati will be nearer to Aizawl than Kolkata and you can save a lot in terms of transportation/shipping charges.

Cheers!:)
Vivek

Thanks to all of you who replied!! I do feel welcome - it's nice to be noticed. I have no electronics in Aizawl at present; in the US I recently have a Cambridge Azur 640 integrated amp to drive Performa M22 speakers. Seems to be a good combination to my inexperienced ears.

Am considering purchasing a pair of Adam A7 monitors and driving them with a Cambridge Azur 740c CD player. Would like to avoid amp decisions at present, but am still reading reviews about these speakers.

Anyhow, thanks again for the replies. I'm looking forward to spending time here.

Chris

Back