hello, I'm from hyderabad looking to build my 1st HT

And a POWER AMP is a thing which can be added on any random day..
However everything else if needed upgradation has to be sold first before getting a new one.. and selling is obviously a pain staking process.
So my suggestion is first select components suitable for your room and add power amps in future.

200 watts sub for a big room ? Will the be sufficient enough ?
And power amps for LCR or left right speakers ?
Wouldn't it be a better option to use the power amp budget and get a single powerful subwoofer to energize the room.
Smooth bass response from underpowered subs is of no use.
It’s 250 watts and decently loud enough. I have used it and also listened to it in a medium sized room. Since his budget is 1L i suggested him few subs available on that price range. PA for a HT I always recommend for LCR. Going for LR alone may affect the center channel
What's the reason for suggesting dual subs in this case.
Considering the budget and Room size.
And what locations would you recommend to place the dual subs ?
Location he needs to experiment as it varies in every room. My room front right and rear left works which is quite common in a dual set up.And yes off course my suggestion is based on his budget

It’s 250 watts and decently loud enough. I have used it and also listened to it in a medium sized room. Since his budget is 1L i suggested him few subs available on that price range. PA for a HT I always recommend for LCR. Going for LR alone may affect the center channel

Location he needs to experiment as it varies in every room. My room front right and rear left works which is quite common in a dual set up.And yes off course my suggestion is based on his budget
Yeah.. right.. PA is useful.. but buying it at the expense of getting underpowered subs isn't wise in this case.

Right Location can be found out using softwares..
Experimentation after buying subs? In case it doesn't work.. then ?

Yeah.. right.. PA is useful.. but buying it at the expense of getting underpowered subs isn't wise in this case.

Right Location can be found out using softwares..
Experimentation after buying subs? In case it doesn't work.. then ?
It should work for sure. With his budget of 1L for a sub he can go for a 700 watts rms sub like the xtz edge or pb2000 pro or the rythmik but I would prefer a dual sub if it’s a dedicated room. He can decide what suits best for him

It should work for sure. With his budget of 1L for a sub he can go for a 700 watts rms sub like the xtz edge or pb2000 pro or the rythmik but I would prefer a dual sub if it’s a dedicated room. He can decide what suits best for him
If he can decide then why would he post and why would you post ?

If he can decide then why would he post and why would you post ?
I don’t understand why u keep on asking these questions? For every answer of mine u keep on coming up with a new question? Are u trying to prove something here? He can decide based on the options given by various FM’s and that is why he posted duh. If u disagree with any of the suggestions please feel free to guide the fm with ur suggestions

Last edited:
I don’t understand why u keep on asking these questions? For every answer of mine u keep on coming up with a new question? Are u trying to prove something here? He can decide based on the options given by various FM’s and that is why he posted duh. If u disagree with any of the suggestions please feel free to guide the fm with ur suggestions
I haven't targetted you.
I read a post.. not who posted it before replying.
If you think I'm wrong at any point I'm ready to be corrected.. I'm not perfect or the best.

I haven't targetted you.
I read a post.. not who posted it before replying.
If you think I'm wrong at any point I'm ready to be corrected.. I'm not perfect or the best.
No I am not saying I am right and you are wrong. But you are constantly asking questions for each of my answers is very clear ur trying to make a point so I asked you directly. You could have just made ur point without asking all these questions lol. For me dual sub any day. My room is just 100sq ft and placing a 500 watts xtz in all positions did not solve the multiple dips impacting bass big time. Adding a 6 inch 50 watts subwoofer solved the issue for me. Check the below thread. So based on my experience I guide the fm’s. Am not against any points you mentioned. so dual Bic pl 200-ii means distorted bass? Hahah just kidding chill.

Post in thread 'Help me correct bass'
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/help-me-correct-bass.81900/post-917535

No I am not saying I am right and you are wrong. But you are constantly asking questions for each of my answers is very clear ur trying to make a point so I asked you directly. You could have just made ur point without asking all these questions lol. For me dual sub any day. My room is just 100sq ft and placing a 500 watts xtz in all positions did not solve the multiple dips impacting bass big time. Adding a 6 inch 50 watts subwoofer solved the issue for me. Check the below thread. So based on my experience I guide the fm’s. Am not against any points you mentioned. so dual Bic pl 200-ii means distorted bass? Hahah just kidding chill.

Post in thread 'Help me correct bass'
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/help-me-correct-bass.81900/post-917535
As I mentioned.. I read posts not who posted it.
I have checked that I have posted on other's posts also.. lol.
Have you checked Subwoofer performance in bigger rooms?

Dual subs not placed together won't necessarily mean double the loudness.
And when placed together then spl would increase by 3db and even this isn't double the loudness.
With the bic being tuned much lower we cannot expect high SPL from it as lower the tuning frequency is achieved at the expense of Max SPL.
Your room is around 900-1000 cubic feet.
His room is at least 4000 cubic feet.. imagine the amount of power needed to play clean bass.
That's why what's the point of smooth bass response when one cannot increase the volume to desired levels.

Softwares can help stimulate the bass response thus reducing the need for experimentation to a certain extent.

As I mentioned.. I read posts not who posted it.
I have checked that I have posted on other's posts also.. lol.
Have you checked Subwoofer performance in bigger rooms?

Dual subs not placed together won't necessarily mean double the loudness.
And when placed together then spl would increase by 3db and even this isn't double the loudness.
With the bic being tuned much lower we cannot expect high SPL from it as lower the tuning frequency is achieved at the expense of Max SPL.
Your room is around 900-1000 cubic feet.
His room is at least 4000 cubic feet.. imagine the amount of power needed to play clean bass.
That's why what's the point of smooth bass response when one cannot increase the volume to desired levels.

Softwares can help stimulate the bass response thus reducing the need for experimentation to a certain extent.
Just suggested based on his budget and my preference that’s all. Many use even less powerful subwoofers in bigger rooms. I have visited a fm using sw-300 Yamaha which is just 10 inch 100-150 watts rms in a big room. I couldn’t feel the bass and Yeah the room needs a big and powerful subwoofer. Many prefer getting what is available in their budget vs what is actually required for their room. Dual pl 200-ii should be decent enough and not my best pick for his room size but for a budget of 1L it should be decent enough. With discounts he would get it for 80-85K

I'm trying to prove that SPL and undistorted bass is more important than dual subs.
And Integrating dual subs isn't a easy job for first timers.
Yeah.. I don't push a particular brand.. coz I don't keep stock.
But none of my posts is meant to prove this.. as I'm not talking about any brand..
Precisely, trying to push ATAS brand.

Lol bro..
Very funny..
I have been contributing to the forum by sharing useful info since a very long time.. even before starting my company.
And never have I openly mentioned about my company.
I guess you couldn't think of a professional who would try his best to cater the client's needs instead of pushing a particular brand that's why you feel that I meant to promote myself.

Just re read my posts on this thread and tell if those aren't helpful to the person who started this thread.

In short my main motive is to help the OP get the best for his money.. be it by my post or by any means.
Everything else is a by product.

Btw a funny thing- look what value you have added to this thread vs what value I have added ;)

Think big :)

P.S.
One critical input would save a person's money ( lots of money) and disappointment. That's what I look for.

If that were true, he should be advising OP to get dual subs. Based on his opinion that dual subs are harder to integrate for first timers. I don't see the agenda that you see here.
Yeah.. that's what..
And @liverpool_for_life you are well verse with subs.. so what do you think.. 200 or 250 watts subs could energize a room of 4000+ cubic feet without distorting like crazy ?

That's uncalled for IMHO. I don't think this would have even come to his notice had I not tagged him. If you check my past posts, you would see me tagging Elango from Chennai for budget setups and Prateek for higher end spends. I have found their posts to be very useful and revelant to the context and have been tagging them. Given the recent build posted by an FM who had sought Prateek's services and the OP being based out of HYD, i tagged him. Even on this post, he has neither mentioned any brand or solicited any service. I hope the mods remove these conversations (including mine) as the chatter is digressing from the OP's objective.

200 or 250 watts subs could energize a room of 4000+ cubic feet without distorting like crazy ?

In general, no.

HST, the OP doesn't have a dedicated room and isn't planning on treatments. I doubt he can push the volume up much in an untreated space. So, SPL requirements from the sub(s) may not be as high as one might imagine. In that case, duals might be better. Assuming one can run some sort of room simulation with possible sub placements to determine that they're indeed worthwhile compared to a single sub. Of course, with limited SPL's, impact of subs is going to be lower. Can't fix that without adding treatments that allows for playback at higher volumes. Unless one doesn't mind running the subs much hotter than the mains. Really does depend a fair bit on the OP's expectations.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back