hello, I'm from hyderabad looking to build my 1st HT

In general, no.

HST, the OP doesn't have a dedicated room and isn't planning on treatments. I doubt he can push the volume up much in an untreated space. So, SPL requirements from the sub(s) may not be as high as one might imagine. In that case, duals might be better. Assuming one can run some sort of room simulation with possible sub placements to determine that they're indeed worthwhile compared to a single sub. Of course, with limited SPL's, impact of subs is going to be lower. Can't fix that without adding treatments that allows for playback at higher volumes. Unless one doesn't mind running the subs much hotter than the mains. Really does depend a fair bit on the OP's expectations.
If lower volume levels is manageable to the OP then lower powered subs might do the job.

And in short these will Distort at higher spl and needs skilled integration.

If lower volume levels is manageable to the OP then lower powered subs might do the job.

Yes. And duals might be worthwhile then.

And in short these will Distort at higher spl and needs skilled integration.

Agree with the distortion. No amount of skill in integration can help with a sub that is grossly underpowered based on room size and SPL requirements, however.

hello everyone,

I'm planning to build a home theater for my penthouse, i already brought epson 9400 for the video. I'm looking for speakers to match it. mind you the space isn't a dedicated room( not going to get acoustics treatment) but the floor space falls in large room category in HT setups. i was looking into elac debut f6.2 series for an 5.2.4 setup, i happen to audition them and I was really impressed by them. it would be really helpful

1)if someone can give me alternatives options which i should look into for the speakers?
2) what subs should I look into with a price of around 40 to 50k each for the subs? i was looking into two 10 inch subs as two 12inch subs will be out of my budget
3)and for the avr i was looking into denon 4700h and marantz 6015, both the avrs has similar specs but denon seem to have extra 15 watts of power for an extra 20k or should i get the marantz 6015 and an amp for that extra 20k instead? i quick reply will be much appreciated.

thank you
You can also look into the Q Acoustics speaker packages. They are pretty good. If you are primarily into Movies, go with Denon.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back