Hello there

greenhorn

Hi there. Its been a while since I've joined a new forum, and for once, I dont see any familiar faces here at all. I go by the same nick at a few other indian forums. If anybody I know is here, do give a shout!

I come from a long line of music lovers, not necessarily audiophiles.
My dad reportedly spent his first salary on buying a panasonic 'deck' - a stereo with seperate speakers, which I still take care of, and keep running to this very day. This old lady got me interested in electronics, passed out as an electronics engineer a few years ago. Wanted to build the best stereos and speakers, but unfortunately, the life we wish for is usually not the life we get. I guess I had the most fun while i was in college. I was present more in thakaraparamb ( trivandrum folks will know this place) , and by the end of 2nd year, had assembled an amp and speakers, and flunked circuit theory royally, while topping circuits lab.
A few years , a few back papers and some amps and speakers later, figured that The stuff i made, while competent, was not terribly good, and certainly not good enough to earn me a living .

So figured I'd stop swimming against the stream, and join the swelling ranks of the IT folk like the rest of my generation. Figured, work for some other master for 5 days, and be my own master for the rest of the week. nobody was gonna pay me to have fun, after all.So that brings me to where I am now.

My PC, a few good cans and earbuds(bought with my first salary, in keeping with family tradition :D), and my car stereo keep me company these days.I still do have the speakers I made, but folks won't let me play them out loud. And so trawling the interweb is what i do mostly, as i am now. Not exactly rich enough to buy the stuff of my dreams, nor poor enough to say that i can't, and lately, too lazy to make them myself.

Well. I better get my foot out of my mouth, and end with another big HELLO!

:signthankspin:

Welcome. Hope to see more of you. Do share about what you listen to in music and any other hobbies. We have lots of DIY guys here...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back