Help and suggestions required for selecting a home theatre projector.

I am using 600VA APC ups with my Optoma HD20. This UPS saved my projecttor from power failurer several times.
You too can use the same.

I am assuming you never did use UPS with a desktop PC?
Just buy any microtek/APC PC UPS (Check with your local Inverter/UPS shopkeepers for latest models). Price will vary between 2-4K, I think. Any UPS which can provide safe switchover for PC will be able to provide safe switchover for projector, so don't worry. I think a 600VA UPS will do the job nicely.

@mkreddy, Thanks for confirmation!
As I said before, one doesn't really needs expensive Online UPS to provide power backup for projector. An inexpensive standby-type 600VA PC UPS does job nicely. But I do advise usage of good surge protector power strip along with UPS
BTW, If you already have a heavy duty (1400VA) SineWave inverter at home, you may not even need UPS since most of them nowadays already have "switches" for minimizing switchover times thus making them suitable to be used with PCs and Projectors, if required.

Sanchit,
Congrats on your projector buy. You will enjoy it in a way TV can never be.
The projector can be shut off by simply turning off the switch, no problem there. The only issue is if the projector is turned on right back. The lamp needs to be cooled off before it can be striked ON again. That's what happens when the projector is turned off from remote. The rest of circuit is turned off and the fan cools down the lamp.

In case of power surge or power off, an UPS will allow you the grace period of switching it off. But more importantly, if the power is to go off and come right back, the projector lamp is safe is using the UPS.

Hello

Sorry for bumping a fairly old thread. The issue is with placement of UPS. I would like to know how people place their UPS if they have their projectors ceiling mounted?

I guess I would have to get a shelf or something on wall to place a ups which I am reluctant to do. Power cut is not a major issue in our area. So how badly is the projector affected by power cuts. If it just losing some hours due to less bulb life then it might be fine or can there be a permanent damage as well?

Or otherwise maybe I can get an inverter with safe switchover times for PC which would work with a projector as well?

But still would like to know how other people manage this problem who have their projectors ceiling mounted!

Hello

Sorry for bumping a fairly old thread. The issue is with placement of UPS. I would like to know how people place their UPS if they have their projectors ceiling mounted?

I guess I would have to get a shelf or something on wall to place a ups which I am reluctant to do. Power cut is not a major issue in our area. So how badly is the projector affected by power cuts. If it just losing some hours due to less bulb life then it might be fine or can there be a permanent damage as well?

Or otherwise maybe I can get an inverter with safe switchover times for PC which would work with a projector as well?

But still would like to know how other people manage this problem who have their projectors ceiling mounted!
I used an a simple AC cord extension and thus connected my ceiling mounted PJ with my PC UPS.
Inverter with safe switchover for PC should work as well.

Goyal,

So is everything going smooth with your home theatre + projector?

V

Its working good but I havent used it much lately. It has been quite some time since I used it last!

Currently I have ordered some twist ties from ebay and waiting for them to arrive so that I can tie and arrange the wires neatly.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back