Help checking the panel usage hours for new LG oled 55B6

I just bought the C8 today and the dealer has ensured a sealed pack piece, but I saw the display piece there and it had a power on time of only 1 hour, had film on the screen as well. I don’t suppose they would have installed the tv just today or day before. I have noted the serial no. of the piece but they have multiple showrooms and they can easily send a display piece from someother showroom.
Is there a sure short way of finding that I do not get a display piece. Will the LG technician be able to verify it.

How much did you pay for it?

Do you know the process of resetting to Zero?
As the dealer reset the demo TV to factory settings and restarted but the TV but the running hours didn't reset.
the running hours do not reset even when u do a factory reset.

Recently bought C8 (explicitly asked dealer to send a brand new piece and not a demo piece), and the dealer sent a demo/used OLED, it had scratches behind the main display, fingerprints on display, stand was dirty, original packing seal was broken and repacked. I'm surprised at how the dealers try to cheat customers. Didn't expect demo OLED to have a used stand, as they would have used bracket for showroom display.

He told that he would replace the item, should I report this to LG? What can I do as a customer to report this so that this doesn't happen with others?

Recently bought C8 (explicitly asked dealer to send a brand new piece and not a demo piece), and the dealer sent a demo/used OLED, it had scratches behind the main display, fingerprints on display, stand was dirty, original packing seal was broken and repacked. I'm surprised at how the dealers try to cheat customers. Didn't expect demo OLED to have a used stand, as they would have used bracket for showroom display.

He told that he would replace the item, should I report this to LG? What can I do as a customer to report this so that this doesn't happen with others?
LG won’t lift a finger. It is the last resort in case the dealer doesn’t cooperate. You’ll have to handle it yourself with the dealer IMO. Just take the replacement and post pictures of the box as well before opening it, in the thread
Also read through it , it has all types of such questions.

You can file an FIR under malpractice and a lawsuit, you’ll need to devote a lot of your resources including time and money. It would take months for it. At most you’ll end up with a replacement unit and some minor penaly from the dealer. Remember we live in India.

The demo piece not only happens with TV but also with Washing Machines, Refrigerator, Music systems etc... When I buy anything from brick and mortar shops I always insist that they bring the item and open it in front of me for checking and I take delivery from the shop immediately. If they do not have the product at that time I ask them to bring it to the shop and I will inspect and take delivery at a convenient time.

LG won’t lift a finger. It is the last resort in case the dealer doesn’t cooperate. You’ll have to handle it yourself with the dealer IMO. Just take the replacement and post pictures of the box as well before opening it, in the thread
Also read through it , it has all types of such questions.

You can file an FIR under malpractice and a lawsuit, you’ll need to devote a lot of your resources including time and money. It would take months for it. At most you’ll end up with a replacement unit and some minor penaly from the dealer. Remember we live in India.
Thanks, I checked out the link. I'm going with replacement for now. Dealer has promised to send a replacement by tomorrow.

If the replacement has any signs of repacking, will ask them to refund and probably go for a C9 to avoid this hassle. I did not find C8 in stock at most of the stores in Hyderabad. (Reliance, Bajaj, Croma etc).

Thanks, I checked out the link. I'm going with replacement for now. Dealer has promised to send a replacement by tomorrow.

If the replacement has any signs of repacking, will ask them to refund and probably go for a C9 to avoid this hassle. I did not find C8 in stock at most of the stores in Hyderabad. (Reliance, Bajaj, Croma etc).

I went through this via Flipkart. Package came repacked. Didn't open it. Filed a return. No point taking a chance. I took a Metz OLED now. That's a 2019 panel but software isn't optimized yet. If you can wait for a month or so, Diwali sales will start. Take the LG sets then, or the Metz one if they have launched their software upgrade by then.

2018 sets will be a risk now. Last pieces remaining everywhere.

He sent another piece today (just now), manufacturing Nov 2018, previous one was May 2018, it looks like he is selling all used material. This one is also repacked. Unable to attach pics due to size constraint. What should I do? Ask for refund?

Last edited:
He sent another piece, manufacturing Nov 2018, previous one was May 2018, it looks like he is selling all used material. This one is also repacked. Unable to attach pics due to size constraint. What should I do? Ask for refund?
If you are sure its repacked, then ask for a refund which is unlikely. You can take the c9 if budget permits.
For uploading the pics open ibb.co then upload and paste the image links here.

If you are sure its repacked, then ask for a refund which is unlikely. You can take the c9 if budget permits.
For uploading the pics open ibb.co then upload and paste the image links here.
Yes, it is repacked. (Double tape) And the stock is also very old. Have asked him to refund the amount now, will go for C9 from elsewhere.

I went through this via Flipkart. Package came repacked. Didn't open it. Filed a return. No point taking a chance. I took a Metz OLED now. That's a 2019 panel but software isn't optimized yet. If you can wait for a month or so, Diwali sales will start. Take the LG sets then, or the Metz one if they have launched their software upgrade by then.

2018 sets will be a risk now. Last pieces remaining everywhere.
Thanks, but I'll go with C9, don't want to take the risk with Metz, LG has pretty good reviews everywhere.

Got Mine installed yesterday. Manufactured date is 7 oct but usage hours is 342 hours which is an usage of 6 hours daily. From packing I had 0 doubts as it was perfect and also no finger prints or any signs of it being used. I got suspicious only when the front screen did not have the scratch gaurd. Asked the installer to check usage hours and he refused saying there is no such option. So after he left I checked the usage hours. 342 hours in 60 days must be a demo unit for sure.
Informed the showroom manager and he has agreed for replacement. But the sad part is now we cant know from packing if it has been opened and used cause they re-pack it so good as factory. And from what I have heard the usage hours also can be reset. The internal storage also has the demo videos that are played in the showroom

C7BAAEB8-889F-4345-94E7-07D243939E1B.jpeg

Last edited:
Got Mine installed yesterday. Manufactured date is 7 oct but usage hours is 342 hours which is an usage of 6 hours daily. From packing I had 0 doubts as it was perfect and also no finger prints or any signs of it being used. I got suspicious only when the front screen did not have the scratch gaurd. Asked the installer to check usage hours and he refused saying there is no such option. So I checked after he left and checked the usage hours. 342 hours in 60 days must be a demo unit for sure.
Informed the showroom manager and he has agreed for replacement. But the sad part is now we cant know from packing if it has been opened and used cause they re-pack it so good as factory. And from what I have heard the usage hours also can be reset. The internal storage also has the demo videos that are played in the showroom

View attachment 42332
Its a sad state of affairs, selling a demo unit as new. You got the 65 or 55. The 55” is almost impossible to tell as it has only 2 straps, the 65” has 3 straps and the middle one is extremely difficult to put back although not impossible.
The installation was not done by LG or he still didn’t know to check the usage hours.

I always make it a point to note the serial number of the demo units in the showroom (though they can still send a unit from a different outlet) and also check the serial no. of the unit being issued is in the godown. The billing counter of major stores show the location of the item.

Its a sad state of affairs, selling a demo unit as new. You got the 65 or 55. The 55” is almost impossible to tell as it has only 2 straps, the 65” has 3 straps and the middle one is extremely difficult to put back although not impossible.I always make it a point to note the serial number of the demo units in the showroom (though they can still send a unit from a different outlet) and also check the serial no. of the unit being issued is in the godown. The billing counter of major stores show the location of the item.
65 and It had 2 straps and also I checked with one more FM who also had his delivered with only two straps. Trust me as per RE-packing they do it 100% as good as the factory. Mine had 0 signs of it being repacked. I also checked the plaster which will easily show signs. Tv was flawless not a single finger print.

65 and It had 2 straps and also I checked with one more FM who also had his delivered with only two straps. Trust me as per RE-packing they do it 100% as good as the factory. Mine had 0 signs of it being repacked. I also checked the plaster which will easily show signs. Tv was flawless not a single finger print.
Yes they are good.
But Strange, I got the C8 in June and my friend got C9 around Diwali. We both got 3 straps.

Yes they are good.
But Strange, I got the C8 in June and my friend got C9 around Diwali. We both got 3 straps.
Ok let’s see my replacement unit. I haven’t taken any actions so far. I wait till Sunday to take the necessary actions.I asked manager to send the latest manufactured date and the same was informed to the warehouse.The delivery boys picked the latest manufactured date which happened to be this tv. This is what the manager told. I actually liked the manager and handled the sale and installation process very well. During demo also he was very helpful and never pressured me to purchase it. So I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt till Sunday. The tv internal storage also has demo videos used in showroom

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back