Help choosing AVR at 40k range for TAV 606

Tgn

Hi all,
Need your input for selecting AVR for HT set up
Already selected taga harmony TAV 606 V3 as 5.0 speaker
As per research and talking with dealer - I have shortlisted 3 AVR for my living room
1. Denon x520bt
2. Marantz NR1506
3. Pioneer vx831
All are quoted as 40 k plus minus 2/3 k
Now at present it is not possible for me to audition any of the AVR. Purpose will be 80/20 movie,tv/music. Already have a stereo setup in bedroom for music of BA26 and Norge gold 1000
I would like to know which AVR will mesh with the speaker
Also my living room and dining is connected in a L shape way. The living room having a dimension of 12 by 20 foot and dining 14 by 14.
The HT will be in the middle of living space.

Planning to add a subwoofer: wharf 125 of velodyne impact 12 in six months.

Cheers:licklips:

Hi

Denon and Marantz are made by same company....D & M holdings....difference is built quality etc.....Marantz is superior and is much better than a Denon.

In terms of Pioneer, 831 is also good....audition and decide...if budget is an issue, look at For Sale by Owner section or Hi Fi Ads.....

You wont believe me, I too have purchased taga 606se and looking out for an AVR under 40K range.
I too cannot audition most of the AVR as I am my city does not have much hifi showrooms. All the AVRs that you suggested are also in my list other than Denon 520BT as I feel it may not be able to give ample power to the FS. I have Yamaha RX V481 also in my list as it comes for 40K and feels like sufficient power from spec.

Taga 606 front FS are very good for its price, and so as the whole package.

Another good part is that you 40K budget for AVR will let you go for decent AVR. I have had Marantz in past (slimline) and now have Paioneer 831.

My opinion about Marantz is not different then others.... they use quality material/components.... sound very good with respect to device specification..... are quite expensive as compared to others with similar/better specification in terms of features/power..... good choice if you are not worried about your budget really :)

After moving to Pioneer 831, I realized a different punch and enjoyment in movies. Sounds like gunfire (example 1st scene Jack Reacher) and rare channels involvement/ambiance is so alive. I think it might be because my Marantz was 50WPC (without 70% guarantee) and Pioneer is 80WPC. Marantz SR series is amazing per quite expensive.

I think you will enjoy any AVR you would pick but try as powerful as you may get in your budget. Spend a few hours in auditioning and figuring out the sound difference, which is a bit difficult in a well setup audition room, but it is worth spending a few hours to experience and make your choice before spending your hard earned money :)

All the best.

Purpose will be 80/20 movie,tv/music. I would like to know which AVR will mesh with the speaker
Also my living room and dining is connected in a L shape way. The living room having a dimension of 12 by 20 foot and dining 14 by 14.
The HT will be in the middle of living space.

Planning to add a subwoofer: wharf 125 of velodyne impact 12 in six months.

Cheers:licklips:

For 80% movies, why limit yourself to a 5.1 AVR? Go a 7.1 minimum if u can... Look for older model AVR's too, high chances you might get it for a good deal..

Back