HELP! i want to buy an LCD TV price range RS 70000-100000

supersim

i want to buy an LCD TV price range RS 70000-110000
size 37or 40 or 42 inches.
i want to play my PS3 on it.
it should preferably be full HD.
what exactly is the difference bet full HD and HD ready?

i am told the Samsung-Mosel Blaque LA40M81B is a great buy. cost RS 90000 (full HD)

what would you recommend?
thanx a lot for ur help!

Samsung is a good brand no doubt in LCD.
But try SHARP - AQUOS-Mona Lisa range which is the best, made in Japan.
Also Try Philips -PERFECT PIXEL RANGE. (Not Pixel Plus)

If you can get a chance to compare them in a big show room side by side that will make it easier for you to decide.

ALSO NOTE ALMOST ALL RETAILERS USE HD BOX WHILE SHOWING YOU VEDIO QUALITY OF ANY LCD TV. OFCOURSE YOU WON'T BE USING HD BOX IN YOUR HOME AND YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO GET SAME PICTURE QUALITY AT YOUR HOME. The cost of HD box itself is over 50,000-and you don't get it also.

So if possible ask them to connect it directly to a normal DVD player via HDMI cable and than see the picture quality from a normal DVD movie or Tata Sky TV. HDMI gives you best picture quality.
My personal choice will be :
1.Sharp Aquos Mona Lisa---- 1st choice 42"
2.Phillips Perfect pixel 2nd choice 42"
3.Samsung 40"
Also note you get 2 extra inches in Sharp and Phillips.
I heard now Sony is using Sharp Panels. Before it was using Samsung Panels.But i am not sure on this.

i want to buy an LCD TV price range RS 70000-110000
size 37or 40 or 42 inches.
i want to play my PS3 on it.
it should preferably be full HD.
what exactly is the difference bet full HD and HD ready?

i am told the Samsung-Mosel Blaque LA40M81B is a great buy. cost RS 90000 (full HD)

what would you recommend?
thanx a lot for ur help!

Dear Buddy

It seems your basic requirement for tv is gaming, movies, etc.. and not data...
and you even are considering big size...

then y are you so keen on to LCDs...

Guyz there is a hell lot of difference between LCD and Plasmas...
For gaming, movies, and all, plasma's are 100 times much better than anyone else...

Go for a Panasonic or a Hitachi for 42" TV...

Do let me know, if you have any querry/discussion, on the same topic, and others.

...For gaming, movies, and all, plasma's are 100 times much better than anyone else...

Interesting, my motorhead bro-in-law whz into hardcore gaming(whatever that means) is currently undergoing his personal fight at his home to convince on investing in a LCD over plasma. He has a million reasons for considering LCD, when it comes to gaming. But then, its him. I love plasma for movie purposes, so cant comment on LCD for its gaming abilities compared to plasmas:rolleyes:

Cheers.

Consumption of electricity is much higher in PLASMA compared to LCD'
Also picture quality of LCD is much better although Plasma TV's have improved lately specially Pioneer and Panasonic.
Any dealer will definitely try to recommend his own brands but it is you who has to decide.
You can read some home theatre magazines to get addition help.
The sale of LCD tv's is much much higher compared to Plasma.
I am not sure about Panel life which one is longer.
Definitely A 46" plasma will be cheaper than 46' LCD. But WHY ?
I think because plasma's are not selling so much after the onslaught of LCD's
in the world market

Also picture quality of LCD is much better although Plasma TV's have improved lately specially Pioneer and Panasonic.

I think you are stating exactly the opposite. Plasma's were considered better (no comparison's type of better) in almost all reviews in about 2005. LCD's have been given a fighting chance w.r.t PQ in reviews starting 2006. What has improved drastically for the plasma's is their picture tube half-life (from about 30000 hrs to 100000 hrs).

My take is the PQ depends on your viewing conditions. If you view the TV in a dark room (light's off, curtains and stuff), plasma will give you better PQ due to deeper blacks (Pioneer Kuro demonstrated perfect blacks in CES 2008). However you view in bright rooms (tubelight or no curtains), LCD will give better PQ due to its anti-glare quality.

Regards,
Prasad.

You have to thank Sony for their marketing job. They had lost the battle of Trinitron vs Plasma and they jumped onto the LCD wagon and did a good too. a 60" Plasma is cheaper than a 60" LCD, why is this? very simple -
the production cost for a smaller LCD is cheaper than the cost for the same size Plasma, and for a bigger TV, the Plasma is cheaper. A couple of years back, LCDs couldnt compete at even 36" in price with Plasmas but that is changing with technology every year. Additionally, heres another bit of news- the duty structure for LCDs is different (cheaper) than PLasma as the former is classified as IT equipment :D.
Ask anyone who is unbiased between an LCD and a Plasma and who has enough experience with both. I spend a few hours a week in a store that sells both (though I might add that I am a novice when it comes to Video) so I see them both routinely. IMO there is no comparision between the natural picture offered by the Plasma compared to the LCD (for gaming, I dont know but the requirement may be different, I am only referring to movies) LCDs will look great when seen only for 10 to 15 minutes and this is the average time that people spend before deciding. However having said all this, LCDs have definitely improved in the last couple of years.

cheers

Any dealer will definitely try to recommend his own brands but it is you who has to decide.
in the world market

in the world market

Dear SKR

I will answer all your question, as per your quote...

1st, yes agreed Plasma consumes more electricity than LCD, but that is not much higher, it ranges between 18% to 28% more than LCDs depending upon the panel quality...

2nd, you are very much wrong when you say that picture quality of LCD is better than plasma...LCD uses the same technology of CRT of backlight, which is focused on the spectrum of RGB(Red Green Blue) pallette, and which are then being focused on to the Liquid Crystals, and create a mirror image, that you view from your eyes...
Plasma uses the technology of neon gas, which is duly filled in Plasma Panels, and vaccumed to dry it up in pixels, what we term as resolution, than a force of possitve and negative current is being applied from both ends in the 0 1 ratio to produce the picture...
When you are watching LCD, the picture looks great, not because the PQ is good, but, the backlight is so bright that even 1 colour spreads into several of its light parts...
If you are watching an LCD in a dark room, and if someone switch on the lights, you will react the same as you do when somebody puts torch light in your eyes...
You like LCDs in showrooms, as the light effects in the showrooms is much brightly lit, compared to your house...so but obvious picture will be better...
and same place if you look at plasma you will feel the quality to be dull...
LCD sells only for two reasons, 1st Plasmas are not available in smaller sizes, and those available are not worth buying...2nd LCDs are pretty good only for data use, as the sharpness out there is better than of plasma, that too because of the backlight...
Another problem with LCD is, if you compare a 42" LCD and a 42" Plasma simultaniously, you will observe that the same picture in LCD in center is bright but when you look at LCD corners, they will be darker, but when you look into plasma the picture is uniform...
LCDs have something as response time, but plasmas dont have anything as its response time..so picture is much faster in Plasmas...

3rd i am not a dealer in sense to sell whatever i have, i have to sell...
I basically deal with Home & Office Automation, Car Audio/Video, and all other are just accessories for me, and i provide my suggestions to customers/clientel/corporates which one will be better for what...
But, yes till date i have just sold QUALITY, not just the product...
When to be of concern, for Plasmas i only look in for HITACHI, PANASONIC, NEC and PIONEER. You all would be amazed to know, but the fact is these were the only PLASMA PANEL manufactures in the whole world, 2 yrs ago, and were the only Japnese companies to manufature LCD & Plasma panels...
But, NEC only manufactures the PLASMA PANEL not TV (i.e. TV Tuner is not included)..Sharp is also japnese but only in LCDs and Pioneer & NEC only for plasmas...
Till last 2years none of the companies (Sony, Samsung, LG, etc) use to make there own panels, but LG started 2yrs back in CHINA & INDIA, and Samsung started in CHINA, and Sony still buys from HITACHI or SHARP (use to buy)...

4th, yes you are right, goto any of the magazines, and try comparing LCD & Plasmas, i have answered your question for the more sales of LCD, its only because of their size...and for your kind information Plasmas sale is too good in the sector of 42" and more...

5th, regarding panel life, here again the Panel life of plasma is more than LCDs. as per the latest technology the panel life of a plasma is 1,48,000 hrs (73,000 hrs half life), where LCDs are stick onto 65,000 hrs only...

Dear, when you are talking about the selling point, you would be amazed to know, that in plasmas, dealers/distributors, get hardly any margin to keep, but in LCDs margin is good, thats the reason they are available in many offers...

There are a lot many things that differs LCD & Plasmas..
There are a lot many things that are unware to the public, regarding LCD & Plasmas...

I dont comment personal requirements, but unless you are going for 60% or more of data work (exclusive of video conferencing), i would not suggest to go for the LCD technology...

Do let me know, if you have querries or requirements, i would be happy to assist you with...
I just dont only sell, but i like to discuss, the things, as it gives me some or the other knowledge in some or the other way, so in short, i learn...

Thanking You

Mridul Goel

Interesting, my motorhead bro-in-law whz into hardcore gaming(whatever that means) is currently undergoing his personal fight at his home to convince on investing in a LCD over plasma. He has a million reasons for considering LCD, when it comes to gaming. But then, its him. I love plasma for movie purposes, so cant comment on LCD for its gaming abilities compared to plasmas:rolleyes:

Cheers.

HEHE Unleash...

Even i use to be a hardcore gamer, but i had to reduce to job and now business, but, i never miss a chance i get...
And ofco**** i prefer PLASMA, as i know, atleast 1% of it...
Technology is too far for me, it will take me ages to get into the circuit...
by that time maybe i will break my circuit...lol...

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back