Help me buy a TV around 45k

I was told TCL one is good but the software is not that great and the general suggestion was to live with the laggy UI or get a firestick. Then the price would be similar to U1. Then I asked around for the picture quality. TCL 50C715 has a better display but not a lot and like I mentioned in the other post on TCL, I have been a Oneplus fan even before most people got to know it. I like their support and community. So went ahead and cancelled the order for C715. Now i just hope amazon delivers it to Chennai during this lockdown :D

I was told TCL one is good but the software is not that great and the general suggestion was to live with the laggy UI or get a firestick. Then the price would be similar to U1. Then I asked around for the picture quality. TCL 50C715 has a better display but not a lot and like I mentioned in the other post on TCL, I have been a Oneplus fan even before most people got to know it. I like their support and community. So went ahead and cancelled the order for C715. Now i just hope amazon delivers it to Chennai during this lockdown :D
How much is the One plus U1 coming to? 50 inch or 55?

Samsung Tue60a/Tue60f seems like a decent choice in that price bracket.

I got the oneplus U1. It's a beautiful TV. Better than the TCL P8E series I saw in reliance digital. If any of you want any specific information, let me know

I got the oneplus U1. It's a beautiful TV. Better than the TCL P8E series I saw in reliance digital. If any of you want any specific information, let me know
Congrats buddy. How was it compared to the new tcl qled range tho? The c715 alteast? How are the black levels? Does HDR make a difference?
Also did you have a chance to compare it with the q1? If so is there a significant difference?

Congrats buddy. How was it compared to the new tcl qled range tho? The c715 alteast? How are the black levels? Does HDR make a difference?
Also did you have a chance to compare it with the q1? If so is there a significant difference?
I couldn't compare to any of those as I don't have access to them. The only reliance digital near my house has the p8 series only in stock. So I could compare only with that.
The picture quality is good. Black levels are good for me but then again I have never used any high-end TV, so can't be sure if it's the best. The only complaint I have is the remote. It feels like cheap plastic. However, when you register the device in onelplus site, they ship a remote free(49rs shipping charge). That remote looks sturdy. Will know for sure once I get it.
Watching our planet series in this TV gives me goosebumps every time :D
The TV is super slim and looks posh. I know there was a lot of reviews commenting on how reflective the panel is but I didn't feel the same. I don't have any light that is behind me while watching TV though but I do have 2 tube lights around but doesn't affect the viewing experience.
Wall mount doesnt come with the TV and I read in reviews that amazon charges 500 for mount durng installation. I called up oneplus for installation as amazon doesnt service my pincode. They said wall mount will be free for me.

I couldn't compare to any of those as I don't have access to them. The only reliance digital near my house has the p8 series only in stock. So I could compare only with that.
The picture quality is good. Black levels are good for me but then again I have never used any high-end TV, so can't be sure if it's the best. The only complaint I have is the remote. It feels like cheap plastic. However, when you register the device in onelplus site, they ship a remote free(49rs shipping charge). That remote looks sturdy. Will know for sure once I get it.
Watching our planet series in this TV gives me goosebumps every time :D
The TV is super slim and looks posh. I know there was a lot of reviews commenting on how reflective the panel is but I didn't feel the same. I don't have any light that is behind me while watching TV though but I do have 2 tube lights around but doesn't affect the viewing experience.
Wall mount doesnt come with the TV and I read in reviews that amazon charges 500 for mount durng installation. I called up oneplus for installation as amazon doesnt service my pincode. They said wall mount will be free for me.
Thanks for your insight buddy. Which reliance digital did you buy it from?. I am from Chennai as well.

Thanks for your insight buddy. Which reliance digital did you buy it from?. I am from Chennai as well.
I didn't buy from reliance digital
I ordered through Amazon during the sale as I had bought the pre-book offer. I didn't want to miss the free extended warranty and the Amazon echo dot.
So I placed the order to a pincode in padur which comes under Kanchipuram district. I stay in thoraipakkam and so it was about 20 mins from my place. Friday, I went there and brought it back in a cab.

I ordered through Amazon during the sale as I had bought the pre-book offer. I didn't want to miss the free extended warranty and the Amazon echo dot.
So I placed the order to a pincode in padur which comes under Kanchipuram district. I stay in thoraipakkam and so it was about 20 mins from my place. Friday, I went there and brought it back in a cab.
Oh damn that sounds like quite a hassle. I am glad it was worth it though. Kudos to your new purchase whenever you're free it would be great if you post a review on it under the review section, would be helpful to others as well. Do keep us updated on anything new you notice with the tv.

If you do gaming on tv do share the experience later

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back