Help me choose best Home theatre under 35-40k

Heart beats

Help me choose best 5.1 home theatre for 35k budget.. max 40k.

Also,i'm also planning to buy an LED later next year.. more on that later.. !

i'm from small state kerala..

So,should i buy sony bdv e/n series/philips/samsung/... HT with BD player or buy HT separately ?

i don't know about a thing in this HT department.. complete newbie :D

all i want is complete value for what i pay for.. rocking surround sound.. :yahoo: :clapping:

so please help me choose one.. :)

yes.
if very tight,your chioce any of the 3 baiju mentioned
otherwise one 25 avr and 2 bookshelves will sound better.
buy other speakers later and build your system step by step.

Forget sony, philips, samsung, lg. Look for Onkyo 3400 or 3500, Denon 1312 XP or Yamaha 296. All these are around 30K. Even Pioneer has some models at this range. Still better will be to buy Marantz NR 1501 avr and Boston Acoustics SoundWare XS 5.1 speaker system by increasing the budget slightly.

So onkyo,yamaha & acoustics are the best right ? but the problem is its very hard to get those speakers here.. :sad:

& i'd like tall speakers rather than short ones.. :D

is sony that bad ? actually i was a little interested in this one.. Sony BDV-N990 ! 35k..

Stick with Onkyo/Yamaha HTIBs at that budget. Simply unbeatable in terms of price to performance ratio and they also long last.

^^ profx for denon, hifilinks, thomson electronics for yamaha. Onkyo also has authorized dealer in Kochi. Visit the websites of these companies to know dealer details.

Also just to know... what's the major difference betweeen sony/lg/samsung/philips/....etc from onkyo/yamaha/denon ?

My friends also suggested samsung & sony are waste of money.. !

Those home theaters from Sony/Philips/LG etc. are all in one devices. They usually have a dvd or blu-ray player and the amplifier section in one unit. They have only limited connectivity options like one optical input only. Some of them even don't have any digital inputs to connect your hd dth or any other device.

The ones from Denon/Onkyo/Yamaha etc. have a main AVR unit. the function of AVR is to accept different audio and video inputs, process them, amplify audio and output video to TV. All these have a minimum of 4 HDMI inputs, one or two optical and coaxial digital inputs and a number of analog AV inputs. The hdmi ports makes connecting your devices very easy. HDMI can carry both audio and video. You connect all your devices like HD DTH box, Blu-ray player, PC etc. to the AVR through hdmi. The avr has one hdmi out which then you connect to TV. The AVR acts as a switch to change between your devices. All these avrs support latest HD audio formats like Dolby TruHD and DTS HDMA in addition to the normal DTS and Dolby Digital signals. In additio, two channel audio can be converted to virtual 5.1 using Dolby Prologic or DTS Neo6. They also support 3D signals. Some htib like Onkyo 3500 has a usb port for listening to songs. Most of these avrs also have sound equalization feature like audessey multieq which constantly analyses your audio inputs and equalizes it to suite your room. There is no dvd or blu-ray player in them, but you can connect any player to them. The sony/lg/philips HTs become useless if the p[layer fails.

Guys i need your opinions on the following HT systems..

DHT 1312 XP (Denon) 33k

TL1600 (Blackstone) 34k

YHT-298 (Yamaha) 36k

& Any tallboy speakers around this price ?

TL1600 is just a speaker system. There is no amplifier. You will need an AVR. Both Yamaha and Denon should be OK. You won't get tallboy speakers + AVR for 40K. To know pricing of various systems, visit sites like technoguru.in, htstore.in, hifimart.com.

So,how does all those sony,philips got tallboy speakers from 25k onwards but not onkyo,yamaha etc.. !!

Does it make any difference.. small size & tallboy speakers in sound clarity ??

Last edited:
real tallboy/floorstanders are monsters........sony/phillips..they are just toys compared to them......
dont go by looks go for quality.
looks+qulity will cost very much

real tallboy/floorstanders are monsters........sony/phillips..they are just toys compared to them......
dont go by looks go for quality.
looks+qulity will cost very much

I'm not going for them anyway..! just asked why they have those tallboy speakers under 25k !! :indifferent14:

Quality is indeed my 1st preference. !! :eek:hyeah:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back