Help me choose between these speakers pleaseeee!!

@Srinath: I've not had any NAD amp for long so can't really comment on it's characteristics. I had a 3020 once; nice warm sound. Also finding those Naks in a good condition will be a quest on its own!

@mpw: Quite old. Besides I want to keep the speakers I buy for at least 6 odd years down the road. So want something relatively new.

Considering the fact that I'll be upgrading my amplification anyway, I think for me these JBLs are the way to go.
Anyway, still have a few days left so let's see if something else turns up.

Hey All,
Thought I'd update again:
I was dead set on the 4312ebk and 3 days ago I decided to take the plunge and contact the seller to book em. Unfortunately I was late and the dealer sold his last unit. :(
I requested if he could arrange another but it seems that was his last pair. Have contacted almost all possible JBL dealers in India and the main JBL Mumbai office (Sahil Intl.) but these seem to be unavailable everywhere. There are a few people and some dealers (olx and used dealers ie) who have these but most have been quoting absurd prices (one even quoted 95k).

Bum luck. :'(

Spent so much time and energy hunting these for an audition and finally no dice. Any way; I've put out some feelers, let's see.

In the time being I also got to audition a pair of Dynaudio Audience 72 and a pair of Cerwin Vega dx-9.
The Dynaudio was stellar. One of the most well put together speaker I've heard. Driver integration was spot on. Was being used with an old Parasound P/HP850 Preamplifier & HCA1000A Power Amplifier. Combo sounded great.

The Cerwin Vega were huge!! I mean if these were empty boxes; you could fit in them!
Unfortunately sound was not such a huge delight. Very bassy and uncontrolled. Midrange was yuck in comparison to what I've had to hear lately. These were being driven by a pair of NAD amps (I didn't care to check the models). They could do well with better amplification I guess, but they lack that clinical precision, that tautness of the modern speakers. The owner showed me some movie scenes (from some famous blu-ray action flicks). Their sound was quite visceral and they did bring life to certain scenes. But after one is used to critical stereo, accepting anything "okay" becomes difficult.

Anyway, the hunt still continues....

Hello peeps! Sorry I did not update this thread.
I finally purchased a pair of Wharfedale Denton anniversary edition speakers from an old church group pal.
He also gave me a pair of mettalic stands to go with these. I got them for 40k all inclusive.
My apologies, after purchasing I completely forgot to update this thread.
These are nice speakers. One of the better bookshleves I've heard. Currently paired with a Yamaha AS500 (very underrated amp. Good clean output and truthful to the tune). The pair sounds nice and very insightful.

I know that the Denton's can cast magic if paired with the right amp so currently on the hunt for one.
Thnanks for all your tips and suggestions!! Always great to be at HFV! :)

Hi

There are a couple of Stereo amps pre owned available in For Sale by owner section and Hi Fi ads....check....

You can also use an AVR in BI AMP mode and enjoy the best effects or pure direct.....

Depending on your budget decide wisely, take your time....all the best

From american sound to british sound. big difference.for amp, you should look at a british amp as you should get desired result with your wharfdales.

best of luck.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back