Help me choose Home Projector,budget 1L.

Very low throw distance. Will that suit you?

It is also DLP which has rainbow effect. This does not bother most people, me included.
But if it does, you will never be comfortable with it. Check out this or any other DLP projector to confirm.
Rainbow effect might bother ...so NO for it..
it's better to ask if have doubts.
I'm still hoping to buy 9400.

I had a DLP earlier. No issues. So don't reject it just for that.
Another issue with DLP used to be running temperature. I don't know if that has changed.

Actually rainbow effect is an issue for me and as well as black level.
9400 serves both of them right.

Yes, I do believe the 9400 will be the best. Else the 7100 will be more than adequate if you don't want to spend that much.
Do also take into account the size and weight of the 9400. It's around twice as big as the 7100 and 1.6 times as heavy.
The 9400 has other features like powered lens which can be useful if you want to adjust picture size by remote.

All Epsons are 3LCD. No rainbow effect at all.

Don't opt for grey market ones. Projectors are delicate. Try to get a refurbished one from authorised dealers.

Older projectors will have issues with polarizers which can be a death whistle to projectors.

I will suggest to wait till you save up for 9400 and get a new one. If we can wait this long, why not a bit more. You will have no headache and actual company warranty.

9xxx series produce commendable black levels. Make sure you dedicate a room or project on an ALR Screen ( can be expensive ) to get the best of the beast. They are huge in size, too.

Affordable option is to use them in the evenings or at night. Remember, it is a home theatre projector aimed at enthusiasts. It is a beauty bettered only by JVC or higher end Sony projectors.
Dear sir,

Can you elaborate the sentence: "Older projectors will have issues with polarizers which can be a death whistle to projectors."
I searched google but could not find proper links.

Anil

I'm getting skeptical about Epson brand now..read reviews on Amazon site and they were saying no after sales service.9400 is what i am looking but price is still high,almost 1.9L..maybe i go with w2700 :confused:

I'm getting skeptical about Epson brand now..read reviews on Amazon site and they were saying no after sales service.9400 is what i am looking but price is still high,almost 1.9L..maybe i go with w2700 :confused:
Dissapointed to hear this. Is BenQ W5700 not an option for you? Its 20K more

Amazon reviews are to be taken with a pinch of salt. Epson projectors are mostly reliable. Then there is always an uncertainty with electronics. No brand is immune.

Amazon reviews are to be taken with a pinch of salt. Epson are projectors are reliable. There is always an uncertainty with electronics. No brand is immune.

Dear sir,

Can you elaborate the sentence: "Older projectors will have issues with polarizers which can be a death whistle to projectors."
I searched google but could not find proper links.

Anil
Replied to your dm.

Dissapointed to hear this. Is BenQ W5700 not an option for you? Its 20K more
IF you have read my earlier posts 1.9L is still expensive for me...yes 20k is more ... also don't want to go with DLP because of rainbow effect.

IF you have read my earlier posts 1.9L is still expensive for me...yes 20k is more ... also don't want to go with DLP because of rainbow effect.
Not choosing DLP crosses out all BenQ projectors. Next best option is cheaper Epson projector

In that case he has to have a look at Epson Home Cinema 3800 which is a 3 LCD model.
couldn't find here in india after googling it.
Not choosing DLP crosses out all BenQ projectors. Next best option is cheaper Epson projector
Yes you right...thing is we don't buy Projectors often...and now as i know DLP's have rainbow effect it will be on my back of my mind so i won't be fully satisfied with it.I am going to use HTPC and i used to use SVP which is meant for smother playback but it sometimes create halo effect which becomes very annoying.Same goes with black levels too,i have to adjust them using madVR as i don't enjoy unless i adjust them.So i don't want to spend on money just to get a bigger screen.After watching so many reviews of many projectors 9400 is what i want.thx to @drkrack and @Silencer who suggested Epson 9400 otherwise i would have bought any other projector and would have regretted even after wasting so much time n money.Maybe i buy projector first and screen etc later but i am sticking with 9400.

do not believe the online price. They will be lot cheaper
Also, build a good rapport with the dealer. It will help solve a lot of headache down the line. And the best thing, they will be honest with you. I have experienced this.

Glad that we could help make a decision. 9400 is a great buy. And with most of us working from home, it is the right time to get a projector/ HT.

yes i know this much by now,thx for ur advice....difference is huge but after lot of bargaining with different seller 9400 price is almost 1.9L
Where r u based at ?
If In or around New Delhi,you might get at around 1.8L after some bargaining.I was quoted 1.44+28% GST a moth ago.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back