Help me Decide

n1toga

HI all! My first post...

So my current system comprises of a Naim Nait 5si fed through an Arcam Irdac driving Dali 450 floor standers. Naim Nac A 5 speaker cables and Linn black intorconnects. Since the speakers are 15 years old I was thinking of an upgarde. Shortlisted the...

Monitor Audio Silver RX6
Wharfdale Jade 6
B W 683 s2

I am looking for asooth, rich sound with good bass performance.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Rahul

Contact Sid Trehan of SOund by Design for PMC as well as Elac..he has a couple of floor standers from Elac both within your budget which were quite good...PMC would be over your budget but since you live in GGN, you can simply listen and then take your pick...

Hi n1toga,
Do take a look at Episode E700 Floorstanders, Smooth Clear and power speakers with very tight bassline. They would compliment your naim which in itself is supremely musical and clear.
Cheers
Ravi

Rahul... Look at KEF speakers. They are a little more exoensive but with those expensive amp and DAC, I would suggest you increase your speaker budget.

@panditji - is your Compact 7 sold?

@n1toga - if panditji's Harbeth Compact7 is not sold, you may want to consider it. These are bookshelves and form a great synergy with Naim. Not sure if you are dead set on floorstanders.

thanks all,
Yes it seems like budjet has to be increased.....kinda set on floor standers as I'm currently using the dali 450's 2 1/2 way towers.

Rahul

Dear Soulforged,
Noticed your signature. You too have a similar system with Harbeth speakers....I was wondering about the bass quantity? BTW, how do u add the signature ie. Your system specs to every post??

Rahul

I have no problems with bass and my speakers are in a largish room (12x29x9). Sid (sound by design) also has Harbeth. Why don't you carry your amp along?

To add a signature, click on 'User CP' at the top and then go to 'Edit Signature' under 'Settings and Options'

Thanks sounds like a plan....checked out the specs for the Harbeth's the go bretty low for stand mountets.
Rahul

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back