Help Me please!!!!

Hi All,

I am new to this site and I have a serious problem... Some one plz plz plz help me.

I purchased samsung 32EH5000 LED tv a week back. This is my first HD tv and now I went to purchase a home theatre. I have always wanted to get a powerful home theatre system preferably YAMAHA YHT 196.

But on speaking to my Samsung dealer today i came across a serious drawback in my TV.

1. SAMSUNG EH 5000 does not support optical connections. So thats ruled out.
2. SAMSUNG EH 5000 Does not support ARC Out either and hence hdmi audio streaming for telivision channels is also ruled out.
3. What the sales rep suggested is to buy an Audio jack splitter which when connected to audio jack... Splits as white and red socket to which he asked me to connect the home theatre system. My big question is WILL IT NOT DEPRECIATE MY YAMAHA HT AUDIO OUTPUT???
4. I also want to connect my XBOX and get 5.1 o/p
5. The next big problem is there is only one row of Audio Video jack ports behind TV which is already used by DTH Service

Could some one please suggest me as to what I can do given the conditions and also enjoy a good HT EXPERIENCE. I already feel I made a bitter mistake by choosing this telivision model.

Some one bail me out please... Suggest a connection pattern and if possible a good speaker option for my limited connectivity.

Thanks in advance !!!!!

Why does the title of your post sound as if you're in the middle of being molested? A more informative title would have helped you get pertinent advice faster. :rolleyes:

For USB you can buy a good media player and you are done.. anyway you wont get true 5.1 sound from your TV but if you want that then better to buy a media player which has got more audio and video support...

I think you would also like to get sound from your TV channels(ie. music channels and such) from your yamaha setup instead of your TV speakers. Assuming you are using DTH. Is that correct?

In that case, if you have DTH connection then there are further two possibilities-
1) Your DTH box has HDMI out which you can connect to your TV for signal and some other output(coaxial) you can connect to your AVR OR HDMI itself could also be fed to your AVR/yamaha box by using splitter. Or other RCA output(assuming it has) from your DTH box could be fed to your AVR/yamaha box.
Connecting TataSky HD or Airtel HD to Home Theater for Dolby Sound 5.1

2) If your DTH box have only single RCA output or if you do not have DTH then what sales rep suggested might be the only option you have. Or you can get a RCA splitter. It would degrade TV channel sound, but that should not matter much.

Alternatively you can contact your DTH operator to get a better DTH box which has 5.1 out or optical out for sound. Good luck.

Last edited:
Hi,

That helps, I have a Airtel DTH which has both coaxial and Optical slots in it

So what do i do next. Establish a hdmi connection from DTH to tv and then conect DTH to yamaha via Coaxial correct!??

Better to go as you have mentioned..

DTH --> TV thru HDMI
DTH --> AVR thru optical cable..

This way you don't have to power on your HT systems even for the channels which don't provide 5.1 channel out.. So when you want to watch a movie then switch on HT and enjoy... and for normal channels, use TV speakers..

Hi Guyz,

Got the Yamaha YHT 196.... Its up and running fine with great sound quality. All my digital devices are working in unison with it.

Thanks to you all for your suggestions!!! :)

Hi Guyz,

Got the Yamaha YHT 196.... Its up and running fine with great sound quality. All my digital devices are working in unison with it.

Thanks to you all for your suggestions!!! :)

Hi Sriram88,
Howz your feedback on yht 196, are u satisfied with its performance. I am also considering to buy this model. DO you recommend to buy this model
Thanks

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back