Budget: 50K (+ 10 K)
Room size: 25 feet x 10 feet

following options as on date I found

HT 5100: 40K (Blore)
Yamaha RX V 463: 20K (Blore)
Yamaha RX V 663: 36.5K (Blore)
Onkyo 506 or 606 (don't know the price)

Speakar:
Mission 34i or 35i (18K, ?, Mumbai) (I am in search for surrounds)
Wharfedale Diamond 9.5: 25.5K (Blore)(I am in search for surrounds)
Jamo HCS 406 5.1 Package (19.K + sub 16K)
Enegry Classic take 5.1 package ( 32.5K, Blore)
Q accoustics 1010i 5.1 Package (62.5K (Blore babbler's) beyond my budget at present)
Polk audio Tsi 300 + surrounds (50K, little bit streached of my budget)

Above are some of my findings, I have not auditioned any of the above, I considered them from reviews. I could not get time as well as oppotunity to take audition as I am in a remote place.

Forum members may guide in this regard.

Go for Yamaha RX V 663 and Q-Acoustics 1010i if you can up the budget. It's a good combo and something I've set up personally in a couple of places. Seeing your requirement is movies 70% and music is 30% this package will work very on both fronts. If you cannot fit it into the budget go with a couple of BS from the same Q-Acoustics package and add the remaining speakers later on. But this package will be worth every penny and keep you satisfied for years so do go ahead with it if at all possible.

Since you are ready to build the system in steps i would suggest you go for rx663 instead of 463. It is definitely worth.

663 can be had for 37k and try auditioning missions. It is great and the midrange is excellent and very good VFM.

As you are aware you can have m35i at 20K which would be the best VFM.

both the above choices will eat up your budget, and you need to wait to purchase the centre and surround channel.

Centre speaker can be had for less than 10k.

For surround you can go for some local speakers for time being.

As moserw said Q-acoustics is also good.

But if you have space then you go for FS as the soundstage is better in FS than BS.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Since you are ready to build the system in steps i would suggest you go for rx663 instead of 463. It is definitely worth.

663 can be had for 37k and try auditioning missions. It is great and the midrange is excellent and very good VFM.

As you are aware you can have m35i at 20K which would be the best VFM.

both the above choices will eat up your budget, and you need to wait to purchase the centre and surround channel.

Centre speaker can be had for less than 10k.

For surround you can go for some local speakers for time being.

As moserw said Q-acoustics is also good.

But if you have space then you go for FS as the soundstage is better in FS than BS.

Thanks,
Prakash.

Is it worth that paying 37K for RX V 663? Presently I am having a Philips mini system purcahsed in 2000, it is (400 PMPO), is there any possibility to use them as surrounds for time being,and later I can go for good one.
Q accoustics pirce given by babbler (62.5K), is reasonable because somewhere I saw it as 48K.

Is it worth that paying 37K for RX V 663? Presently I am having a Philips mini system purcahsed in 2000, it is (400 PMPO), is there any possibility to use them as surrounds for time being,and later I can go for good one.
Q accoustics pirce given by babbler (62.5K), is reasonable because somewhere I saw it as 48K.

you can perfectly us them as surrounds and you can save cost.

663 is definitely worth for 37k.

Price you are getting for 663 is good as in Mumbai ,its 42k:sad:

I enquired in designer audio,Mumbai they told me that even though they are not ditributor for Yamaha products, but they used to sell the products. They sold RXV 663 for 29K (with warranty) at present stock is not available with them as this model got phased out. They are introducing Yamaha 665, Price is he not able give. You may please enquire it will be available somewhere else. If you get it for lower prices please inform me.

I enquired in designer audio,Mumbai they told me that even though they are not ditributor for Yamaha products, but they used to sell the products. They sold RXV 663 for 29K (with warranty) at present stock is not available with them as this model got phased out. They are introducing Yamaha 665, Price is he not able give. You may please enquire it will be available somewhere else. If you get it for lower prices please inform me.

Thanks for ans,thats great,they may be providing local warrenty not company,but who cares:clapping:

Go for Yamaha RX V 663 and Q-Acoustics 1010i if you can up the budget. It's a good combo and something I've set up personally in a couple of places. Seeing your requirement is movies 70% and music is 30% this package will work very on both fronts. If you cannot fit it into the budget go with a couple of BS from the same Q-Acoustics package and add the remaining speakers later on. But this package will be worth every penny and keep you satisfied for years so do go ahead with it if at all possible.

What is the fair value of QA 1010i

If you find anyone who can supply yamaha 663 at that price(29K), please let me know.

You can check with The Den at worli, Mumbai (022-24932315). They usually sell stuff at reasonable prices and keep pretty wide range of brands.

You can check with The Den at worli, Mumbai (022-24932315). They usually sell stuff at reasonable prices and keep pretty wide range of brands.

Thanks
I have enquired at DEN,Mumbai, Mr. Pavan (09821289308), he quoted the Price of Yamaha RX V - 663 for a price of 33.5K,(2 years warranty) if anybody from mumbai can visit there and can try for further reduction. Let me know the feed back.

What is the fair value of QA 1010i

The price was 42K last month when I enquired it in Decibel, Chennai. You can contact Raghu @ 99406 72834 for the latest prices. Also I had a demo with QA + Yamaha. It was superb.

Thanks
Gap G J

The price was 42K last month when I enquired it in Decibel, Chennai. You can contact Raghu @ 99406 72834 for the latest prices. Also I had a demo with QA + Yamaha. It was superb.

Thanks
Gap G J

Thanks
I have contacted them it is Rs 54300/- (less 5% discount) + 12.5% VAT. It comes arount 58K (approx). Are the prices are reasonable?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back