Help me to setup music system

reddysarvesh

I am looking to setup music system, I am confused whether to buy stereo amplifiers or AVR Receivers, I was planned to buy Denon Ceol N9 which is 65 watts/channel 4 ohms which is expensive compared to AV Receivers which as 100 watts / channel 8 ohms.

I am looking to setup music system, I am confused whether to buy stereo amplifiers or AVR Receivers, I was planned to buy Denon Ceol N9 which is 65 watts/channel 4 ohms which is expensive compared to AV Receivers which as 100 watts / channel 8 ohms.
If you are into movies, go for an AVR, If music listening is priority, get a stereo amplifier.
and if you can answer a few questions, other members should be able to point you in the right direction.
What source do you intend to use? How big is your room? What genre of music?

If you are into movies, go for an AVR, If music listening is priority, get a stereo amplifier.
and if you can answer a few questions, other members should be able to point you in the right direction.
What source do you intend to use? How big is your room? What genre of music?
Thanks for reply, My Room size is 15ft X 15ft and I listen to Western music, Indian classic. My doubt is Amplifiers are too costly and they have less
output watts, as I mentioned denon ceol N9 player as 65 watts/channel 4 ohms but few companies like denon, Yamaha provided AV receivers with
less price and have high output watts i.e 100 watts/channel.

Thanks for reply, My Room size is 15ft X 15ft and I listen to Western music, Indian classic. My doubt is Amplifiers are too costly and they have less
output watts, as I mentioned denon ceol N9 player as 65 watts/channel 4 ohms but few companies like denon, Yamaha provided AV receivers with
less price and have high output watts i.e 100 watts/channel.
65watts/channel is more than enough for your room size. As tuff said Stereo amp for music and for movies definitely go for AVR. Also adding a sub to your stereo chain would be super for occasional home party.

What speakers do you intend to use with the Denon? Watts are Watts. You can drive sensitive speakers with just 10 watts. Also Stereo amps have more close to watts as stated than AVR's.

Then I Will pair Elac B6 with Denon Ceol N9.
Try to audition the combo. The Elacs are not the most sensitive speakers out there, Nor does the Denon seem to have enough power to drive them at optimum. Denon states 65 watts at 4 ohms. That probably means it is somewhat near 30-40 watts into 8 ohms. With lower sensitivity on the B6's ,It might struggle to power them sufficiently.

Ohh.. Ok,Other option I have is NAD C 328 but very expensive to me and worried about service after sales, Can suggest combo ( Amplifier With Wireless capabilities like Bluetooth + Speakers ).
I heard NAD C 328 which is almost 50k, is it worth buying it?

Denon ceol seems to have higher distortion when compared to other amps In similar price range.
Check Cambridge audio cxa60.
It might be a little above your budget but looks good to me.

Don't search for integrated Bluetooth amps. Options will be limited.
External Bluetooth receiver can be bought for as low as 1k.

Sorry I am really confused, I need a simple setup The above products suggested by Naturelover are unimaginable. Please suggest me simple setup.
Any thing b/w Denon,Cambridge,Marantz and suitable speakers

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back