help needed for acoustic panel placement in my bed room ( photo attached)

subabu2002

dear friends ,

attached 4 wall photos of my bedroom and stereo listening..
my house is older and smaller , so limited acoustic treatment only allowed to fill..
my room size is 10 * 10.. and some slabs..
planned to DIY acoustic panels for first reflection points.. but my real problems are door and windows at first ref.points area on all sides..
i saw some cheaper foam options from some companies, but seems that will not works well other than high frequencies..
for this i planned to DIY 4 * 2 acoustic panels.. not fixed or wall mounted.. movable one.. does this idea will work out ?
i compromised with sounds at present.. but my priority of center stage is still missing

any suggestions ? pls help

thanks
suresh babu

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 84
Reflections off the side wall aid in spaciousness, so absorbing the side wall first reflections is optional. By comparison, reflections off the front wall are in between the speakers and will muddy the direct sound from the speakers, so that is the first place to absorb. Try standing up a pair of 4'x2' broadband absorption panels against the front wall just inward of your speakers. This will clean up the front soundstage and minimize boundary cancellations. Also worth spreading your front speakers wider apart and toeing them towards the main listening position to get more detailed imaging and smoother frequency response (speakers typically sound best on-axis).

3D depth is influenced by space between the speakers and the space behind the speakers. The speakers are too close to each other and TV/Monitor is preventing sound waves from reaching rear wall. Such early reflection would collapse the sound stage as the original sound and reflected sound would reach almost at the same time. You can cover the TV with heavy dhurrie or jamakaalam, toe-out the speakers a bit and see if it improves the image.

Also, you seem to have a cot which is about 4-5 feet away from the speakers. Is that right? This again would prevent the sound waves from triangulating to an image apart from the unwanted reflections that it would introduce.

I am not able to identify your listening position. how far is it away from the speakers?

since you do not have too much room to maneuver the speakers, you can consider toeing out them. This would move the center image away further into the room. Did you try covering the TV with heavy cloth and see if the reflections reduced?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back