Help needed for buying an Home theatre - budget around 40k

Re: Help needed for buying an Home theatre

Hi Kittu,
well.. I have increased my budget to around 60k-65k now.. unfortunately I didnt see any option to edit the title of this thread hence replying within this thread.
Thanks

With that budget you can also consider adding tower speakers in the front.

Start building the setup in phases... First Towers and Sub , Center and Surrounds ...

The reason I am looking for satelite speakers because my living area is 15 x 14so dont want to fill up the space with tower speakers. Till now I have found only above listed speakers.

The reason I am looking for satelite speakers because my living area is 15 x 14so dont want to fill up the space with tower speakers. Till now I have found only above listed speakers.

If you have increased the budget for a sub sat combo you can get

paradigm cinema 110 ct for 46 k.
Deftech promon 600 for 48k (800 and 1000 dont know the price).
Try the PSB setup image series too.
Heard good stuff about Klipsch 1000 series....

Do post some detailed impressions after you audition them :)

Good Luck..

Kittu

i have audition denon avr with profx speaker it sounds really well.even try jamo heard a lot about it

very disappointing thing, haven't got chance to audition... still no luck in audition of other speakers :-(
I think I must go to Mumbai now so in a day atleast I can audition as many as I can.

Anyways, guys can you please comment on below speakers if they comapared to each others?

- Energy Take Classic 5.1
- Klipsch HD 500/1000
- Paradigm cinema 70CT/90CT: I only got a chance to audition these. I liked its bass which was not boomy.. I think its deep bass we should call it as (sorry I am new to this so not aware of the terminology)

I have 2 more weeks left to make my choice and purchase

hi

i auditioned jbl lifestyle 60 and a new product of theirs with 2 floor standers.

first the lifestyle pkg..... i was given a demo brd of containing the classic hotel callifornia and for movies, i heard the last battle seq of saving pvt ryne. the demo roon wan't accoustically prepared but with bare walls... size abt. 9 x 11. this made the sound very very sharp and almost piercing and lacked the sweetness of guittare sound in the beginning of the song.

the pkg with flr stndrs was amazing though... it gave me the kind of sound i was looking for. sweet, not too sharp, and filling. the rumble of the tank in the movie seq was felt through the sofa.... it was huge...

i searched the jbl india site but could not finf the system there.

ls 60 was priced at 60ks and the unknown one at 90...

i feel like THE JOURNEY IS SWEETER THAN THE DESTINATION WHEN IT COMES TO BUYING A HOME THEATER

Hi All, finally I have booked Denon 1611 + Paradigm 70C speakers for Rs 57k... and yes Panny v20d for 63k..

hows the deal.. this is the final price after all bargain and I think its on lil higher side :-( what says?

EDIT: Now, I am looking for media player and BD player. hows Dune's player which is region free and has built in media player which plays mkvs as well (dont remember model no)? or xtreamer/Asus O'Play is good? please suggest as soon as you can, have to final within 2 days.

Last edited:
I was expecting few comments on above post... anyways, finally I have bought my TV & HT home.. haven't got any chance to enjoy, explore more.. I think I have yet to do some settings to get the good sound from this new baby..

You can also shade some light if you want to...

Thanks for all

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back