help needed to boot from SSD

arnprasad

Hi..I am not a techie and have a haswell i5 quadcore assembled desktop with integrated OS. Yesterday I installed a kingston 250GB SSD, Zotac GT710 and 4 more GB RAM and I can see that they all have been installed properly.

Now to boot from SSD, i used EaseUS partition manager to copy hard drive to SSD and I can see that SSD now is E drive and it has same files as my C drive. So far so good.

Now when I start my PC - I get three options - I Choose F10 Boot and the current one is UEFI and below it are my drives - so I choose Kingston and then it entered into a black DOS like screen and tried to locate my OS I guess - then it said it cant find and point it to right boot direction and click enter or something like that.

Then I choose F2 BIOS and couldnt understand what to do.

I choose UEFI again and now its back to normal and I am guessing its booting from C drive. what wrong am i doing pls and how do i get it it to boot from E Drive?

Hi...Thanks. The guy in the link did what I did except he says once all done boot from SSD :) that is where even i got stuck. so not much help.

Anyways out of the three options i get while booting - i had tried BIOS and Boot and didnt help. This time i choose the third one - setup - and tinkered the advanced settings and seems like succeeded :)

Now one last question - i got whole bunch of programs installed on my C drive which was cloned to my E drive. Now when I open the programs - will they open from C drive or E drive? I can see that my chrome starts faster - so safe to assume that programs too are opening from SSD now? Thx

Once cloned remove the original HDD and make the new SSD primary. In other words it should become C:.

Then you can format the old HDD and re-use it.

In BIOS you can set the SSD as the primary boot device, that will work too.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back