HELP please.. How to find out whether my 47" LD650 TV has IPS panel pr not?

max123_ind

I bought a 47" LD650 TV on Sep 15th. Display was good with good color etc.

I didn't notice till last night.. the carton(box) in which it came had the words NetCast, 'FullHD1080p' etc printed on the carton itself but the words "Advanced IPS panel" was glued (pasted) on that carton (it was a white sticker pasted on the brown carton).

Last night I ran my finger across the screen and i see that it is showing characterirtics of a normal LCD panel (i could see a little ripple like behaviour around the area where I applied little pressure with my finger). :sad:

How can I know if what I have is REALLY an IPS panel? Does LG do this to all mdoels? Or is this a specific case?

Dear experts, please help.. I'm really worried.. :sad::sad:

To the extent of my knowledge LG makes only IPS panels. So you shouldn't be worrying. However it is good to visit a store and check your observations on the store display model to clear your obsession.

most of the feature stickers are pasted on carton dont worry... IAS or IPS picture is good or not that is all matters ;) enjoy your new toy..

Well the 47" size comes only from LG,while lg is know to use VA based panels in some of the 32" models.the 42" and 47" comes with lg panels.

Now you have fallen for LGs marketing,the so called ripple effect in NON-IPS panels which is all BS.All lcds when you touch it will have the ripple effect.

In some lg models they have put a extra glass/plastic player which prevents one from touching the lcd panel directly the same as Sony Monolithic design tvs.

In lg models which have these extra layer one can see the double reflection caused by the front glass layer
42SL8000-dedouble.jpg

yeah yeah dont worry.. the screens on pretty much all LG LCD TVs are made by a company called LG Display. They only make IPS panels, used in brands like LG, Philips & Grundig. Furthermore LCD screens of sizes 42,47 inches are usually IPS, whtheres as 40, 46 inches found in Samsung or Sony are MVA.

Enjoy the set dude and don't worry about the Panels, it will look good once calibrated properly, so spend some time calibrating the same to get the best PQ out of it.

LOL...... in my opinion that white sticker with "Advanced IPS panel" is glued on all LG LCD TV cartons. Don't believe me? Go to any shop and see.

Thanks everyone.. I am relieved now.. I also noticed that the faint ripple effect only shows if I knock too hard... :)

Thanks everyone.. I am relieved now.. I also noticed that the faint ripple effect only shows if I knock too hard... :)

Hey max, Tell us about 47 LD650 man ! hows the performance of the tv ( sound PQ ) why did you chose this model and how much it cost you

thx:)

Hey max, Tell us about 47 LD650 man ! hows the performance of the tv ( sound PQ ) why did you chose this model and how much it cost you

thx:)

Yes..we demand a full length review with pictures, as there isn't many owners of this TV here:).

looks like u r one of the first owners of LD650 in this forum.Do post the cost and your review of the TV.

Fait ripple should not happen if it is IPS Panel, that is kind of extra layer. Don't see it in my 32LGLD650 though. Strange !! But then why to worry about it. Enjoy your viewing .. :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back