Help Regarding Paradigm Center 3 and Surround 3.

jake

Hi Gurus .I am thinking of completing my 5.1 HT set up which i had kept on hold for sometime due to non availability of dough :) .
I already own a pair of Paradigm Monitor 11 s7s and a Yamaha A810 receiver. I am looking forward to buy a Paradigm center 3 and a pair of Surround 3s. Sub woofer will be next.

Following prices quoted by a dealer :

Center 3 MRP being quoted as Rs 30000
Surround 3 MRP being quoted as Rs 45900

What are your opinion about the pricing guys ? Am i being quoted high ? Is there another Paradigm Dealer. I checked up with HT store...prices were not revealed was asked to visit store instead.

Can i omit the Surrounds and get Bookshelves instead ? :

Please let me know your opinion guys.

imo dipole surounds are made for rear...so get them instead of bs...that said bs will do...but dipole surrounds are better..
one thing i can say..u can save money in rears...get a better centre than..adjust your budget..
rears can be bought from inexpensive brands also..sqay sonodyne rear dipole at 13k....so you can spend say 60k..or more for a solid paradigm centre...
in 5.1 recordings,,, cetre matters

Last edited:
What are your opinion about the pricing guys ? Am i being quoted high ? Is there another Paradigm Dealer.

Please let me know your opinion guys.

I'm not sure about the prices but you contact home theatre pro they were very professional and they deal with paradigm.Below are the details

Shiva Kavi
The Home Theater Pro
+918197369539

Can i omit the Surrounds and get Bookshelves instead ?
Sure. In fact, the Paradigm Atom Monitor uses the same exact tweeter and mid-woofer as your Monitor 11 speakers. It would be like using the top portion of your front speakers as surrounds. Will give you better consistency as sounds move around the room.

However, if you are going to stay 5.1, then the Surround 3 might be a better option, since it has wide dispersion (sprays sound across the entire surround field).

If your seating is away from the back wall and you are planning on going 7.1 at some point, then I would go with the Atom Monitor (get a pair now and place them at your sides, get another pair later to place behind you).

I'm not sure about the prices but you contact home theatre pro they were very professional and they deal with paradigm.Below are the details

Shiva Kavi
The Home Theater Pro
+918197369539

Thanks Harshi.. i will give him a call tomorrow.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back