Help regarding Tidal Subscription

Thank you everyone. I think I'd have to settle for Apple music for now for convenient hi-res streaming.

Please let us know if anyone has any other easy alternatives. Thanks.

The only way to stream Apple music seems to be either by using Airplay from an apple device to an Airplay enabled streamer, or by buying an Apple TV.

Both seem inconvenient to me, hence let mey Apple music subscription lapse.

Hard to beat the convenience of Spotify Connect.

The only way to stream Apple music seems to be either by using Airplay from an apple device to an Airplay enabled streamer, or by buying an Apple TV.

Both seem inconvenient to me, hence let mey Apple music subscription lapse.
And stream via bluetooth through an Android device.

I think the best way around this is to ask our friends / family abroad to subscribe to either tidal or Qobuz family account. Then hopefully we can use the same account here in India. Otherwise Spotify seems to be the only recourse.

The take away from the discussion is that we can get hires lossless audio easiest with an India credit card, Apple Music, iPhone or iPad, a DAC like btr5, and any suitable headphone. Bluetooth headphones introduces lossy.

However, human hearing can't access the extra information that 24bit depth provides with the lossless format. 16bits, CD quality, is the maximum. We loose the inaudible 8bits. So any set up providing 16bit/44.1kHz at 1441kbps (wired, because hard for Bluetooth, although claimed for by LDAC at 960kbps) or almost the same, 16bit/44.1khz compressed to give lossy files with 320kbps bitrates, like mp3 or ogg vorbis (easily handled with aptx HD transfer rates) should work. So Spotify Premium subscription with Spotify Connect devices can give almost CD quality even if there is a wireless connection involved. Just avoid Android. Maybe by Sept 8, with Android 14, we may get exclusive use of the mixer, which means no compulsory use of the 48kHz resampling.

Last edited:
TIDAL Airplayed to Raspberri Pi DAC (car audio) or to AppleTV(home audio) sounded the best to me. Apple music currently sends compressed AAC over Airplay which is not that great and I suspect lower audio quality with Apple music compared to TIDAL. Badly miss my TIDAL subscription.

My Tidal Argentina family subscription stopped accepting the US credit card, so I migrated to Tidal Brazil, that seems to be cheaper compared to US.

The family subscription for Tidal Brazil costs 499 Brazilian Real (approximately around 101 USD) and it works for Rs. 1400 per person per year, let me know if anyone is interested.

How are you guys making it work? It requires a Zip Code while putting the card details.
1 - If you use your actual zip code - it says - sorry
2 - If you use any zip code from us - your card company says - sorry

How are you guys making it work? It requires a Zip Code while putting the card details.
1 - If you use your actual zip code - it says - sorry
2 - If you use any zip code from us - your card company says - sorry
I guess it’s better to use PayPal for making payment to tidal.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back