Help regarding Tidal Subscription

I guess it’s better to use PayPal for making payment to tidal.
Ah thanks!
Tidal NOT available in India. Have to be happy with Apple, Spotify and Amazon music. whichever suits your ear.
I have the Tidal Subscription - was trying to help a friend to get it going after seeing the latest updates - but when it came to CC part - it won't accept.

Good to know I can use PayPal to get this going. Thanks @joell - will confirm if done.

I like tidal because it integrates so well with Roon. And it really helped me with music discovery. I had tidal argentina till this month. Now it only accepts argentinian cards. first Turkey shutters and now Tidal Argentina shuts down outside cards so bye-bye Argentina.

Searching for a new country that accepts US cards and is still reasonable. US rates are nonsensical for the top tier.

this is only for Roon and Roon ARC. for other purposes, we do have an family apple one subsciption which meets most of our mobile needs.

I like tidal because it integrates so well with Roon. And it really helped me with music discovery. I had tidal argentina till this month. Now it only accepts argentinian cards. first Turkey shutters and now Tidal Argentina shuts down outside cards so bye-bye Argentina.

Searching for a new country that accepts US cards and is still reasonable. US rates are nonsensical for the top tier.

this is only for Roon and Roon ARC. for other purposes, we do have an family apple one subsciption which meets most of our mobile needs.
Now Indian cc with PayPal is getting accepted on tidal subscription

USA .use vpn while doing transaction adding pay pal .even brazil also working as pointed by some other person here.brazil is cheaper than usa. We activated monthly family plan for 30 dollors.
I have the Tidal app on my iPhone. I was using an Argentinian Tidal subscription but somehow it stopped accepting PayPal payments. Do I have to make a separate account if I want to subscribe to Brazil Tidal? I already have 2-3 tidal accounts.

I have the Tidal app on my iPhone. I was using an Argentinian Tidal subscription but somehow it stopped accepting PayPal payments. Do I have to make a separate account if I want to subscribe to Brazil Tidal? I already have 2-3 tidal accounts.
Yes new e mail id as the previous one will be registered as Argentina in tidal's database.

I’m using tidal US. So far no issues with recurring payments through PayPal.
its USD20 dollars and I already have apple music, which I cannot let go of because everyone else in the family uses it. its just to expensive for use that its put to. Am looking for another, cheaper country that accepts India / US cards

EDIT: Tidal Brazil zindabad. also, to stop the endless loop of creating email id, using the icloud+ email proxy feature. Apple zindabad too.

Last edited:
The family subscription for Tidal Brazil costs 499 Brazilian Real (approximately around 101 USD) and it works for Rs. 1400 per person per year, let me know if anyone is interested.
I am interested. My argentina tidal account stopped renewal due to issue of non acceptance of indian cards

Today I was checking about Tidal prices for countries like south africa, ukraine and columbia. These have really low prices. Lesser than 100 INR. Does anybody have any experience in using tidal from these countries?

I am using Tidal via Malaysia, I have been doing so for more than 1 year now. I used a VPN to create the account. I am paying using an Indian Credit Card. So far no issues.

The only way to stream Apple music seems to be either by using Airplay from an apple device to an Airplay enabled streamer, or by buying an Apple TV.

Both seem inconvenient to me, hence let mey Apple music subscription lapse.

Hard to beat the convenience of Spotify Connect.
How about streaming apple music through Google cast in Android. Not sure if it's lossless.

Sharing an Excel sheet of Tidal regional subscription prices from cheapest to most expensive. (Originally shared on Reddit, modified to reflect in INR.)
Let me know if incorrect prices are found, and I will update.

The Argentinian price may have a 75% tax component over the prescribed fees. Also, this region is locked to accept local cards only.
My VPN had trouble connecting to some of the countries, so I ended up subscribing to Thailand, none of my Visa CCs went through, and Mastercard DC worked. Bonhomie between India and Thailand continues ;)

Screenshot 2024-02-13 at 16.47.28.png

Last edited:
How are you guys making it work? It requires a Zip Code while putting the card details.
1 - If you use your actual zip code - it says - sorry
2 - If you use any zip code from us - your card company says - sorry
Hi Chander :)

This is what I did.

1. I had opened a Tidal account while in the US maybe 5 years back or so. ( So if you have any friends or family in the US, you can ask them to open a free account for you from there, and pass on the login credentials to you )
2. I tried logging in from India into that account but it wouldnt go through. So finally used my paid VPN to change location to USA.
3. Opened a new paypal account linked to my ICICI debit card. ( I opened a new account and took a Visa debit card just for this, as my usual HDFC bank was only giving Rupay card )
4. Finally I logged in through the VPN, and added my paypal account to upgrade the same to Tidal Hifi plus and it has been working for the last 3 months.
5. Iam using tidal usa, as my account was opened there originally. And iam not using any VPN to use the same from India post payment.

All the best :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back