Help regarding Tidal Subscription

chalothikhai

Hello.
I need help in subscribing Tidal from India.
I have tried HDFC Visa, Amazon ICICI, SBI Mastercard, Fi Virtual Visa Debit card with Tidal Romania and Thailand region, but none of the payments got through. Tidal Thailand has Paypal as payment option, but same problem with that.

Any working alternatives to these payment methods? Or any suggestion.

I just got KEF LSX II and feels like a bummer not being able to get a Tidal subscription.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks. :)

Your credit card usage limit might be set to nil. That is the default setting at least for HDFC cards.
The limits can be changed online via netbanking

Your credit card usage limit might be set to nil. That is the default setting at least for HDFC cards.
The limits can be changed online via netbanking
Hi. Thanks. I checked, I have international transaction enabled and the limit set is way above the subscription price. Further, I tried with Citi and Amazon ICICI card as well. No luck. Neither with Paypal on Tidal Thailand.

Has anyone recently successfully subscribed to Tidal from India?

why not just download FLACs and put them on a PC and play them?
Going the pirate's way you mean? That's definitely one option. I'm exploring more convenient options of streaming from my phone and TV for now.
Thank you though. I'm sure the downloaded FLACs through laptop will sound better.

Hi. Thanks. I checked, I have international transaction enabled and the limit set is way above the subscription price. Further, I tried with Citi and Amazon ICICI card as well. No luck. Neither with Paypal on Tidal Thailand.

Tidal US works fine with paypal(AMEX).

Thank you everyone. I think I'd have to settle for Apple music for now for convenient hi-res streaming.

Please let us know if anyone has any other easy alternatives. Thanks.

Thank you everyone. I think I'd have to settle for Apple music for now for convenient hi-res streaming.

Please let us know if anyone has any other easy alternatives. Thanks.
For now as you said - without the help of friends abroad, you can either have Apple Music, or some Hi-res Internet radios. No tidal/qobuz support even with VPN.

Alternatives could be CD RIPS ;) & apple music as the only option here!

I have been off Tidal for a while now but for the good of the community, I thought I will try renewing my subscription to see if it works. Before I could go 'Oops', I was sent a bill of 1,746.17 and a big thank you for renewing my Tidal subscription.

So, right now am listening to Beegees singing 'We don't say goodbye' with me in the back of my mind wondering if they were talking of me and Tidal.

Apparently no improvement in SQ is achievable with lossless, hires value increasing techniques. The human ear can only receive frequencies below 20khz. That's the reason 16bit/44.1khz was chosen for audio CD format. Super Audio CD is just waste. Any improvement may be placebo effect. Preventing artifacts, which degrade SQ is possible by avoiding resampling, either down or up, and avoiding wireless. On Android, every effort is made to prevent the stream from going to the mixer, which is optimised for video, which means the audio component is resampled to 48khz. This is to allow simultaneous use of the mixer by all the services, including notification. UAPP, Neutron and Poweramp have this preventing function. Spotify delivers CD quality audio. In fact any provider maintaining 320kbps delivery rate in their file format delivers the same, so don't mourn/moan for Tidal. Apple avoids resampling natively, on iPhone and iPad. All this must have been discussed numerous times. Unfortunately no sticky exists, we have to go through hundreds of posts. Technical articles hide the fact, to avoid dampening the hifi buying market.

However, again apparently, since I've not tested the claim(!), SQ improvements ARE possible with quality speakers and room design. My friends from IIT were right. Put your money at the end of the chain for audio, buy good speakers, and beginning of the chain for photography, buy good lenses!

Last edited:

Try Tidal UAE thru VPN.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back