Help required for a entertainment room set up

Its been a long time since I updated this thread, actually not much work happened in the last couple of months since we were working on the other areas of the house.

I have now resumed the work and is moving on a fast track, since i need to finish this room by the end of this month.

The balcony which was open earlier has now been enclosed completely with mesh glass and an aluminium framework.

The entire room is going to be completely accoustically treated and I have engaged anutone. After a lot of research, i finally closed this deal with Anutone since the quality of their work was far superior to the others.

Below are some random pix of the entertainment room in its current state, the next steps are speaker wiring, projector, LCD mounts, false cealing.

I need some reference for optic lighting for the cealing, if somebody know pls provide me the contacts.

Last edited:
srisha what is your deal with anutone and how much you are being charged for that.It may help others in the forum who are interested in sound proofing their hometheater rooms.

Hello Srisha,

Hope you have got all the Required acoustical material of your need.

I will suggest you to go for Gypsum ceiling instead of POP. Go for maximum density.

post your ceiling design.

srisha what is your deal with anutone and how much you are being charged for that.It may help others in the forum who are interested in sound proofing their hometheater rooms.

The file size is larger than the forum limits, I will resize it and post it later,

Hello Srisha,

Hope you have got all the Required acoustical material of your need.

I will suggest you to go for Gypsum ceiling instead of POP. Go for maximum density.

post your ceiling design.

The false ceiling is made of Gypsum, and is of two layer with about 3" gap between the two for concealed lighting.

The following things have been completed as on date

False Cealing
Wiring for 7.2
Projector and LCD Ceiling Mounts
Elevated flooring in the rear
Frame work for accoustic panels

The below pix attached are about 2 weeks old when the wiring and the mounts were being fixed,

I shall post the pix of the current this weekend. And the remaining work of completing the sound panels and wooden flooring to be completed by the end of next week.

Last edited:
Some more progress on the work and here are the latest pictures,
we have completed fixing the accousting panels.

Work is on a slow pace, since I need to complete the rest of the house and then start the fabric work on the panels.

Last edited:
Its been a long time since i posted my finished home theater pictures, i was overwhelmed with the final results, let the picture do the talking, and will do the explanation,

How do i add more pictures, looks like i have exhuasted the limits,

Last edited:
Hi srisha,

Can you pls provide more info on the brands/price you have bought finally for your amazing setup. This could help members like me who are in the process of HT rooms.

Hi srisha,

Looks impressive. But why the HT rack is places in front of towers? surely an eye sore and not an suitable place too. Add some more pics for complete comment by experts.

add your pics www.imageshack.com and paste the forum link code of pics one by one by clicking the "insert image" icon which is above the list of icons.

Do use the "preview post" if you want to see before submit reply.

Regards

Hi srisha,

Can you pls provide more info on the brands/price you have bought finally for your amazing setup. This could help members like me who are in the process of HT rooms.

I will try my best with the prices, since it is more than year since i procured them and may not remember exact prices.

Speakers- Wharfedale 9.6 diamond series (5.1) - Rs 75,000
Yamaha RXV 863 - Rs 53,000
Cabling - around 35000 - all DAC cables. Includes a 8mtr HDMI cable from DAC. Cabling also includes dual zone cabling to the leaving room as well
Sony Bravia 42" @ 53,000
Screen Remote controlled - forgot the brand @ 16000
HDMI matrix switch - 5000/-
Rack - 6000/-
Stabilizer - 6000/-
Projector - Optoma HD 65 - 35,000
DVD player - Optoma 863 - 9000/-
3D software - 8000/-
CPU - 22000/-
Accoustics - around 175,000
Wooden flooring - 30,000
False cealing - 25000/-
Leather couch from Ovion - 45,000

And the following is still pending

A pair of tower speakers for the leaving room
PS3
BD player
Additional Sub

Hi srisha,

Looks impressive. But why the HT rack is places in front of towers? surely an eye sore and not an suitable place too. Add some more pics for complete comment by experts.

add your pics www.imageshack.com and paste the forum link code of pics one by one by clicking the "insert image" icon which is above the list of icons.

Do use the "preview post" if you want to see before submit reply.

Regards

I know, the rack is bigger than i imagined, and with the equipments in it, it is taking almost the entire space. Couldn't do much, i cant even shift it else where because all the speaker wires terminate here...

I have more pictures, but used up the limit, will try image shack and post some more.

I am in the look out for a DVD storage unit, which can store upto 500, any leads are highly appreciated.

Regards,

Srisha

Some more pictures,

img2218small.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dsc0329small.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

1011809.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

hifi3small.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Regarding storage for DVD's, my better advice build an HTPC and rip the DVD's or buy some external hard disk and rip the same and Play thru xteamer of WDTV. It save a lot of space in HT room.We welcome you to become an next vinay for "Give away DVD's"/

Regards

Thank you Kittu, 600,000. Though my budget was less than half:mad:

If you spend half of the same and leave in half way, when you want to build it for further upgradation, you will end up spending more than 200%. Nice you went on one shot.

Regarding storage for DVD's, my better advice build an HTPC and rip the DVD's or buy some external hard disk and rip the same and Play thru xteamer of WDTV. It save a lot of space in HT room.We welcome you to become an next vinay for "Give away DVD's"/

Regards

I think this is going to affect the PQ right? What is the advantage of xtremaer or WDTV? Is it for HD alone?

Regards,

Srisha

I think this is going to affect the PQ right? What is the advantage of xtremaer or WDTV? Is it for HD alone?

Regards,

Srisha

Nope, Media player or HTPC will not affect he PQ or SQ, provided source material(Rip quality) is good.

Media players is for SD and HD streaming. Latest media player have pass through for HD sound too.

Please go thru the section and have plenty of information discussed by our members Media & Streaming Players

Hi Srisha,
Thanks for posting pics of completed HT buddy. What Srini said about Mediaplayer is true. If the quality of the rip, you will get very good SQ and PQ. This is for both HD and non HD movies.

I know, the rack is bigger than i imagined, and with the equipments in it, it is taking almost the entire space. Couldn't do much, i cant even shift it else where because all the speaker wires terminate here...
Please do something about the rack buddy. Maybe go for a horizontal rack, or shorten the same rack, divide into two halves, do something. This just has to change:).

I will try my best with the prices, since it is more than year since i procured them and may not remember exact prices.

Speakers- Wharfedale 9.6 diamond series (5.1) - Rs 75,000
Yamaha RXV 863 - Rs 53,000
Cabling - around 35000 - all DAC cables. Includes a 8mtr HDMI cable from DAC. Cabling also includes dual zone cabling to the leaving room as well
Sony Bravia 42" @ 53,000
Screen Remote controlled - forgot the brand @ 16000
HDMI matrix switch - 5000/-
Rack - 6000/-
Stabilizer - 6000/-
Projector - Optoma HD 65 - 35,000
DVD player - Optoma 863 - 9000/-
3D software - 8000/-
CPU - 22000/-
Accoustics - around 175,000
Wooden flooring - 30,000
False cealing - 25000/-
Leather couch from Ovion - 45,000

And the following is still pending

A pair of tower speakers for the leaving room
PS3
BD player
Additional Sub

Thanks for the info. What are the 3D software used for?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back