help solicited from DIY Community for an integrated project.

Can i substitute the stock tubes with something better?

I dont want regulated. Problem is i have an ac trafo of 40-0-40 with 7.5 Amps rating. But the circuit requires 60V for the chip and 45 Volts for the rail.

Regards

sure you can. just find which ones suit in this.

49810 works from 20-0-20 to 100-0-100 v dc. 55-0-55 will work fine. you will just get a little less power.

Subro,

By the way when you say 45-0-45 input do you mean AC or DC

I thought you had bought a prebuilt kit from EBAY. If that is so what is the input DC voltage as required by the circuit (do not worry about the CHIP voltage, if the design is proper that should have been taken care of).

If you have 40-0-40 AC, post rectification it'll give you around 54-0-54 DC which means that you'll have to drop 10 odd volts from the rails.

You can do it inductors (difficult to get in India),
Go for a regulated power supply (again difficult to source and not cost effective).

The best solution is to get a proper transformer 34-0-34 AC

Sorry - i meant 40-0-40 AC. 7.5 Amps. Rail voltages required are +45 & -45 DC. My amp board is a pre-soldered e-bay kit with lm49810 similar to panson's kits.

But i have not bought any PS kit as because there aren't any !!

And in the next line u have hit the bull's eye. What i am looking is "how to drop 10 odd volts from the rails output"

Thanx.

sure you can. just find which ones suit in this.

49810 works from 20-0-20 to 100-0-100 v dc. 55-0-55 will work fine. you will just get a little less power.

Thank you so much. This is exactly what i wanted to hear. But there is a problem. I am told there has to be a difference of 8-10 volts between the chip input and the amp input. Is it really so? and if yes, then how?

Thanx once again.

Thank you, Audiodoc.

Just finished purchased the power supply. Awaiting delivery now.. I shall be back in action again as soon as the components arrive.

Thanks to all who are helping me out..

Cheers
subro99

Meanwhile, the other day i was surfing casually...trying to find out what could be a really good diy amp project now that this one is half way through...

And then i found this page..

The Naksa Amplifier | TrNaHiFi.org

We have so much of Nelson Pass threads and discussions in this forum but none on the above...

May be you all can tell me why...?

Dear All,

While i break my head on the power supply issue (i think i will go for a simple voltage devider circuit and have a tap of 40 Volts while full voltage of 55Volts for the chipamp) my carpenter friend finished the speaker boxes !!

I just put the drivers into it for a preliminary look and feel.

DSC_0058_zps0e71f910.jpg

Last edited:
We have so much of Nelson Pass threads and discussions in this forum but none on the above...

Dear subro,
Personally for me Nelson Pass is guru's guru with decades of experience. Even the link you have given uses F5 amplifier. :)
Warm regards

Meanwhile, the other day i was surfing casually...trying to find out what could be a really good diy amp project now that this one is half way through...

And then i found this page..

The Naksa Amplifier | TrNaHiFi.org

Finish the job @ hand and then think about the next :D...You can drop in at my place in about a month when you can hear both the F5 Turbo V2 ,Alpeh J and the Myref Gainclone

Dear subro,
Personally for me Nelson Pass is guru's guru with decades of experience. Even the link you have given uses F5 amplifier. :)
Warm regards

Thanks. Does this mean F5 and Aleph are the final frontiers in DIY Amp world? Fascinating ...... some day me too will be able to make one !!! Well, guess there is nothing wrong in dreaming...right?

Finish the job @ hand and then think about the next :D...You can drop in at my place in about a month when you can hear both the F5 Turbo V2 ,Alpeh J and the Myref Gainclone

This is very true...else i will be sitting on a pile of unfinished jobs.

But the later part of your quote is the best post in this thread !! I finally get an invitation to see and experience what is ultimate. That too from an established DIY Guru of this city...

Only problem - It's a post dated cheque !!

I shall die after that !!

This is very true...else i will be sitting on a pile of unfinished jobs.

But the later part of your quote is the best post in this thread !! I finally get an invitation to see and experience what is ultimate. That too from an established DIY Guru of this city...

Only problem - It's a post dated cheque !!

I shall die after that !!

No more oil I'll slip :D neither is my system ultimate nor am I a guru

Sir Ji,

Knock Knock....!! Its been long time...

It is more than one month....!

Can i come to your place and have a look?

Regards

subro99

Back