Help to choose amplifier

armblaster

I have got a gym (Area: 38ft L X 19ft B X 11ft H) approx 700 sq.ft.

I have decided to go for YAMAHA NS-333 Bookshelf Speakers.
Link: NS-333

Now i want to know that, what else (i.e amplifiers etc) I have to purchase with the speakers.

My Audio Preference is only Music.
Budget- 10,000/- approx
Source- LG CD/DVD Player

I have heard about Norge Amplifiers. Which model of Norge would be suitable ?

Hi:

Such a huge room needs more than those Yamaha's and the 10k budget to fill the room with good music.

Tight budget ?

:)

Yes, why not consider the FS from Yamaha or a Diamond 9.5 - could do justice for SQ in that room.

For 10k, you've no other option than to look into Norge territory or any used NAD or CA amps.

:)

Maybe something like a Yamaha 596 should fit the bill. I know 596 may not be in production in which case its Modern avatar. These jap Co s change models too fast so I dont know the current series.
They are generally at 10-12 K (grey) and are reliable amps.
Rgds

Try contacting Mark of Audiocraft Chennai, I beleive he maybe able to come up with a VFM solution for your requirements.

I am not an expert, but have read somewhere that while choosing amps the input or output watts and the ohms of the speakers should match the amps.
Please suggest me that which model will of norge amps will be compatible with
YAMAHA NS-333 (bookshelf) or YAMAHA NS-8390 (Floorstanding)

I have got a gym (Area: 38ft L X 19ft B X 11ft H) approx 700 sq.ft.

I have decided to go for YAMAHA NS-333 Bookshelf Speakers.
Link: NS-333

Now i want to know that, what else (i.e amplifiers etc) I have to purchase with the speakers.

My Audio Preference is only Music.
Budget- 10,000/- approx
Source- LG CD/DVD Player

I have heard about Norge Amplifiers. Which model of Norge would be suitable ?

Hi Armblaster,
I consider that the 10k budget is only for the Amp. Considering this you should go for Norge 1000. It should fill your gym with sound at about 80% of its volume.

A word of caution in HiFi spending. Fix your budget based on practical criteria like how much %age of your savings, or your GYM marketing budget should go to Music. Once you fix your budget don't go more than 20% above it... that also in case you get a really good deal.

There is no limit to spending "just a little more" in hifi and then realising that the "little more" could be spent on more practical necessities.
--END OF PREACHING-- :D

Regds,

+1 to that. Professional audio solution is the way to go.

For speakers you can look at WORK distributed by Designer Audio. The speakers cost around 2.5k per pc. Amplifier can be one from Byford Audio or DNM for around 15k.

These will be professional solutions more suited for gyms, restaurants, hospitals etc.

Hi armblaster

What you need is a professional audio solution for your Gym and not Home Audio stuff. I've done several of such projects so far, esp for Reebok India in various Metros and also for corporates. I would ask you to look at a Sub-Sat solution, with Pro-audio amplifiers fed by a source that can be as per your desire. It would fit into your budget.

To cover a space of 38 x 19 ft, min you would need are 4 satellite speakers and a healthy sub. 6 sats would be ideal as would give good coverage. If you have a false ceiling, you can also go for ceiling mount speakers and compliment the setup with a healthy sub.

Try to buy 8 ohm sat speakers or ceiling mount speakers, so that series/parallel combi wiring will result in a nice 6 to 8 ohms in-effect impedance which wouldn't disturb the amplifier.

Alternatively, you can use 100V line matching transformer type speakers whereby long cable lengths & their losses, impedances etc. are no longer issues.

JBL does some good work and their models can do the job.

regards!

Hi armblaster
Contact Narain Audio Narain : Proaudio Lighting Pvt. Ltd and see if they have a dealer in Bhopal. As audio_engr said the said budget wont be enough but still get the prices from them
Also Ahuja has multi channel amps. That should work out with some decent ceiling mounted speakers

capt: whenever Ahuja comes up to mind, the 1st glimpses of that company's gear would be Ahuja Sound Solutions

hence - it puts you off......... :lol: :lol: :eek:hyeah:

Though they've diversified from there, but then, you can't argue with your brain, can you? :lol: :lol:

:lol:Thats true.

But they seems to have come a long way since then.:rolleyes:

Ahuja Sound Solutions:eek:hyeah:

Hi Armblaster,
I consider that the 10k budget is only for the Amp. Considering this you should go for Norge 1000. It should fill your gym with sound at about 80% of its volume.

A word of caution in HiFi spending. Fix your budget based on practical criteria like how much %age of your savings, or your GYM marketing budget should go to Music. Once you fix your budget don't go more than 20% above it... that also in case you get a really good deal.

There is no limit to spending "just a little more" in hifi and then realising that the "little more" could be spent on more practical necessities.
--END OF PREACHING-- :D

Regds,

Thanks for reminding me , as the gym is only for my personal use. My priority is my workouts.
I have decided to go for YAMAHA NS-333 (Bookshelf Speakers), I just want medium range amps in least possible budget, which are compatible with the mentioned speakers.

Last edited:
hi..............i suggest you to pick samson pa amplifier.its a superb sounding amp very reasonably priced.check their website for details and various models.it should fit your bill toooo:)

Thanks for the suggestion. I visited the site i.e Samson Technologies Corp., but the problem is i don't have much knowledge about how to choose amplifer.
Can you suggest me which model will be compatible with YAMAHA NS-333

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back