Help to decide bookshelf speakers?

Hi,
I have the following setup:
avr- Yahama rxv583
Center- Taga Harmony C-90SL
Surround - Taga Harmony S-90SL

Using the S-90SL as front for now and want to upgrade to better bookshelf speakers for the fronts.
Have the following in mind in preferred order:
1. Polk rti3 8 ohms
2. Elac B6 6 ohms
3. Taga Harmony platinum B-40 6 ohms

Question - Can I add 8ohms speakers to fronts while center and surrounds run 6 ohms? Will it damage the avr or speakers?

Hi, Regarding your question - you can connects speakers from 4 to 8 ohms to AVR which supports speakers impedence in this range but the fact is 4 ohms speakers are hard to drive and stress AVR to drive with more power than it does to drive 6 or 8 ohms and therefore care should be taken not to overpower the receiver (i.e. do not crank up volume) as it can damage the circuitry.

The taga harmony Azure B40 is an amazing speaker. I do not feel the need for a sub woofer any more. Loving the output from the fronts, its not too bright and the bass is at times boomy due to two ported vents in the front. The mids sound perfect too.

Hey need to know how do they perform after proper burn in?
Needed to know how well do these taga Harmony Azure B40 v2 perform compared to Boston acoustics a26?

I bought Boston acoustics a26 first in June 2018 then got taga harmony tav 506c v2 centre chanel in October 2018 but now not that happy with rear Ported Boston a26 so I want to get some front ported speakers.

I will be connecting it to pioneer avr vsx330.

Please guide

Hey need to know how do they perform after proper burn in?
Needed to know how well do these taga Harmony Azure B40 v2 perform compared to Boston acoustics a26?

I bought Boston acoustics a26 first in June 2018 then got taga harmony tav 506c v2 centre chanel in October 2018 but now not that happy with rear Ported Boston a26 so I want to get some front ported speakers.

I will be connecting it to pioneer avr vsx330.

Please guide
Have you bought anything so far??
If you have problem with rear ported speakers then consider the wharfedales .

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back